Senior Software Engineer – Performance Engineering (US – Remote)
The healthcare industry is undergoing a massive shift in how patients and providers exchange and access data. That transformation is built on FHIR – Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources, a standard data format and resource specification that allows innovative applications to flourish. As a Senior Software Engineer you will join our Data team at 1upHealth to build our analytics platform used in production around the US to provide novel population-level healthcare insights.
This is a very cross-functional role within the organization, with a focus on problem solving and software development and will report directly to the Head of Informatics Engineering, focused on analytics projects.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Develop new methods of data ingestion, integration, and mining
- Work on grassroots analytics projects
- Improve performance and automation of our Apache NiFi data ingestion and transformation process, deployed across 50+ AWS environments
- Work with the analytics team on building and improving our SQL Analytics platform, built on Delta Lake
- Work cross-functionally with teams across the company (API Team, Platform, CloudOps) to improve performance, cost, and debug issues across our platform.
- Performance tune software
We are looking for people who have experience in:
- Java and Python
- Cloud environments (AWS preferred)
- Production experience with an RDBMS, PostgreSQL preferred
- Working knowledge of Linux and networking
- Working knowledge of ElasticSearch
You may also have:
- Experience working in the healthcare space, especially with FHIR
- Experience with Apache NiFi
- Working knowledge of Kotlin, Golang and/or Node.js
- Experience with Databricks/Spark – incl. Scala/PySpark
At 1upHealth, we are united by our shared goal – unlock healthcare data to improve patient and financial outcomes.
As a leader in FHIR® interoperability, our core belief is that unleashing the power that lies within health data can improve the way that we operate in our industry. We are on a mission to make it easier to access, aggregate, analyze and share healthcare data. Through our secure FHIR platform, we offer a solution to; break the barriers that hinder innovation and interoperability, meet compliance regulations and leverage the cloud for ubiquitous technology enablement.
Come join our mission-driven team, and be a part of the future of healthcare.
100% Paid Medical and Dental Insurance for Employees
Home Office Stipend
Parental Leave (16 weeks for birthing parents, 3 weeks for non-birthing parents)
Company Meetings with Free Lunch
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.