Federal – Big Data Engineer
Accenture Federal Services, helping our federal clients tackle their toughest challenges while unleashing their fullest potential…and then some. What makes our approach so unique? Operating from the nation’s capital, we bring together commercial innovation and leading-edge technologies to deliver an integrated and interactive experience that far exceeds expectations. How? Our passion meets purpose! Through our diverse culture and inclusive thinking, we embrace our employees’ ideas taking them from concept to practical solutions. Not to mention, we sleep well at night knowing our work directly impacts and improves the way the world works. We keep our tech smarts sharp by providing abundant training and certification opportunities. Are you ready to learn and grow in a career, while making a difference?
The Chip and Joanna Gaines at developing data pipelines. Like turning a fixer-upper house into the best on the block, you turn complicated datasets into useful, showstopping formats. You live in the cloud and open-source world and enjoy working with your team to bring all the pieces of the data story together, keeping ratings high and viewers wowed. What does a good time look like to you? Hanging out on the reddit big data feeds and chatting about the latest advances in machine learning and AI. And of course, you always stay tuned for what is coming next.
- Experience in the full software development lifecycle, utilizing emerging technologies and big data design principles in developing data pipelines, interfaces, and architecture to support big data and analytics initiatives.
- Collaborate with other engineers, data analysts, data scientists, and data visualizers to bring powerful analytical solutions and insights to our clients
Here’s what you need:
- Minimum of 3 Years’ experience with the following:
- Data Engineering or Big Data Technologies
- Cloud Technologies ( Azure or GCP or AWS)
- Open-source technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Presto, Hive, Cassandra, Hadoop
- SQL and NOSQL databases to organize the collection, processing, and storing of data from different sources
- Architecting and building scalable data platforms
One more thing, this role requires US Citizenship
- Experience with 1 of 3 – Java, Scala, and Python programming languages. For example, utilizing Python to build data sorting algorithms and ETL scripts.
- Conversant with cloud native CLIs for various data engineering related activities such as setting up compute and storage resources, IAM and ETL
- Professional Cloud Data Engineer certification in AWS, Azure or GCP
- Bachelor’s Degree
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture Federal Services.
Accenture Federal Services is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity: All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture Federal Services is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
To apply for this job please visit www.accenture.com.