Air Quality Scientist
Aclima delivers hyperlocal air pollution and climate emissions intelligence at unprecedented block-by-block resolution. With our SaaS platform, governments, companies, researchers and the public can see and track pollution hotspots and impacts over time — from traffic congestion to gas leaks and wildfire. This new capability empowers informed action to reduce emissions and exposure, at both the local and global level.
Based on years of R&D, Aclima’s air quality mapping and analysis platform combines our breakthrough mobile and stationary sensing technology, climate science and machine learning to provide next-generation diagnostics of critical air pollutants — from CO2 and methane to particulate matter. With this new layer of Environmental Intelligence, Aclima makes the invisible visible, charting a new course for improving human and planetary health.
Air Quality Scientist
Aclima is looking for an air quality scientist to contribute to the Data Science and Technical Operations teams. The ideal candidate for this cross-functional position will have the domain expertise to contribute to new data product development, sensor development, data quality operations, and external facing reports in collaboration with team members across a range of disciplines and backgrounds.
Full-time position. Out of area candidates will be considered.
May include some or all of the following:
- Contribute to regular Science Operations tasks:
- Data review
- Sensor calibration
- Device issue management
- Sensor development R&D
- R&D for scaling data quality operations
- Development of new data products in collaboration with the data science team
- Exploratory dataset preparation and analysis
- Contributing to external facing reports, while grounding them in rigorous data science
- Extensive knowledge of air quality and atmospheric science across a broad range of areas
- Extensive experience working with geospatial air quality data sets
- Experience with mobile air quality measurement platforms
- Direct experience with a range of atmospheric measurement techniques
- Proficiency in at least one programming language within a data science context
- Proficient in SQL
- Ability to work efficiently with large datasets
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate across disciplines
- Ph.D. or equivalent in a relevant scientific discipline, with a strong emphasis on atmospheric or air quality science, or a Ph.D. in any scientific, mathematical, or engineering field with 5+ years of experience in the field of air quality
- Post-doctoral experience or 2+ years experience in a professional setting after receiving degree
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aclima provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aclima complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location.
Compensation and Benefits
Aclima employees work incredibly hard, and we work incredibly hard to thank them. We offer a competitive compensation package, equity potential and excellent benefits. You’ll appreciate our challenging work environment, exceptional colleagues, strong business momentum, and the ability to make a difference. Benefits include: medical/dental/vision, 401K, commuter and wellness, company events and an extraordinary culture.
Learn More About Aclima
Aclima: Driving Science: Mapping Air Pollution in Oakland
Aclima: Los Angeles and San Bernardino Mapping Launch
Google: The High-Res Future of Anti-Pollution Tech
Google: Getting Hyper-Local: Mapping Street Level Air Quality Across California
To apply for this job email your details to DIANA.SOUZA@ACLIMA.IO