Vice President of Sales
The output of years of engineering, BD, market creation, and product-led development at a world-changing climate tech startup has resulted in tight product-market fit absolutely primed for an ambitious and driven sales leader. We’re seeking a Vice President of Sales with deep government experience who will instantly recognize the opportunity to shape, lead, and seize upon a massive pipeline, and have the skills and knowledge to execute.
Aclima has pioneered an entirely new way to measure and analyze air pollution and greenhouse gases, block-by-block and around the world. This new hyperlocal data stream is combined with 3rd party datasets to create powerful climate action tools. Aclima’s hardware and software technology platform translates billions of scientific measurements from its network of stationary and roving sensors into ground-based earth observation software for governments, industry, and communities. A Public Benefit Corporation, Aclima is dedicated to catalyzing bold action to protect public health, reduce climate-changing emissions, and advance environmental justice. Aclima is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Portland and Brooklyn and has been named one of Inc Magazine’s Best in Business, Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies, 2022 GovTech 100, and a Fast Company World Changing Idea.
To learn more about Aclima, please visit https://aclima.io.
About the Role
As the Vice President of Sales, you will shape Aclima’s business, GTM, and sales strategy by driving the sequenced conversion of a robust inbound and outbound sales pipeline consisting of government and utility customers in the US and around the world. The ideal candidate will relish in the opportunity to close complex and nuanced deals with multiple stakeholder groups, and has a proven track record doing so. Soon you will have the opportunity to build out and lead a highly-effective mission-driven sales team, capable of dramatically expanding the scale, reach, and impact of Aclima products.
You will be an experienced, empathetic, seasoned, and savvy sales leader with a track record of finding, navigating, and closing anything from seven and eight figure deals with multiple complex government stakeholder groups to five-figure pilot contracts with crucial early adopters.
- Lead and secure critical sales wins for a growing series B company, while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, and high-performance.
- Work directly with the CEO/CRO, and VP of BD to shape GTM strategy.
- Get in the weeds to close government sales to state, local governments, utilities, and agencies by generating proposals, pricing, and presentations.
- Navigate and deeply understand the government procurement process ideally at multiple levels of government from municipal, state, to federal.
- Report directly to the executive team on progress of exceeding revenue targets, increasing pipeline conversion, and securing additional revenue growth, initially focusing on regulatory, utility, municipal, transportation, regional and state agencies.
- Expand the opportunity set by working with Aclima’s contacts in government, and partner organizations, and bring your own amazing network as well.
- Help define the sales motion to create strong sales-market fit, and create processes to reduce friction to deal close.
- Recruit top caliber sales professionals, coach, and maximize their professional development.
- Collaborate closely with product leadership to maximize opportunity potential of the product based on market feedback. Provide guidance to marketing on marketing material generation, top of funnel campaigns, and channel partnership activities to drive growth.
- Coordinate closely with customer success leads to ensure seamless transition from lead, prospect to satisfied customer.
- Manage ongoing forecasting process to ensure constant alignment of expectations with the executive team, investors, and the board.
- Gather intelligence from customer prospects and provide valuable feedback to Product, Operations, Engineering, and other relevant teams for process and product improvements.
- 8+ years of sales and sales management experience, preferably selling infrastructure software, analytical tools, application software, or cloud solutions with multiple levels of reporting.
- Strong desire and track record of rolling-up-sleeves to land customers.
- Deep familiarity with selling data-centric products to govt customers, and a thorough understanding of those sales cycles.
- Proven ability to build scalable sales models and contracting structures for complex and evolving SaaS products.
- Passion for understanding and solving our greatest environmental challenges; an energy you will bring to the team and our customers.
- Hands-on management experience; capable of staffing, managing, mentoring and driving a highly motivated, diverse, inclusive, and productive sales organization.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of energy and resourcefulness, and adaptability.
- Strong sense of loyalty, teamwork and high personal integrity.
- A hunger to learn everything there is to know about Aclima’s products, customers, strategy, and the markets we’re defining.
- Ability to define appropriate short and long-range organizational goals, and put the accountability structures in place for achieving them.
- A track record of landing large government contracts.
- Successful experience selling to regulatory agencies and/or utilities.
- Experience in the sustainability or climate tech ecosystem
- MBA and/or graduate degree in relevant disciplines
- Bay Area location
Please know that you can be a great candidate even if you don’t have everything we’ve described above. You might also possess important skills and experience we haven’t considered. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself (especially in your cover letter).
Please submit a cover letter and resume detailing why you are the ideal candidate for this role. If contacted, be prepared to show off your sales numbers and proudest deals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aclima is committed to diversity in our organization and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and has proudly made the Kapor Capital Founders’ Commitment. Aclima provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aclima complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities. Full-time position only. Out of area candidates will be considered.
Compensation and Benefits
Aside from the fulfillment of working alongside world-class colleagues to make a positive impact in people’s lives, while improving planetary and public health, Aclima offers competitive compensation, equity potential, and excellent benefits. Benefits include medical/dental/vision/Life/AD&D/LTD, 401K, commuter and wellness credits, company events, and an extraordinary culture.
To apply for this job email your details to DIANA.SOUZA@ACLIMA.IO