Customer Success Manager – Gas Utilities
World-changing climate tech startup is seeking an experienced and empathetic Customer Success Manager to help leading early adopter natural gas utility customers achieve high levels of success and satisfaction with Aclima’s cutting-edge methane detection solution.
Aclima is pioneering an entirely new way to diagnose the health of our air and track climate-changing pollution. Powered by our network of roving and stationary sensors, Aclima measures air pollution and greenhouse gases at unprecedented scales and block-by-block resolution. Our professional analytics software, Aclima Pro, translates billions of scientific measurements into environmental intelligence for governments, companies, and communities. Our free app, air.health, maps address-level air and climate insights for the communities we serve. Aclima is a purpose-driven technology company catalyzing bold climate action that protects public health, reduces emissions, and delivers clean air for all.
Aclima is one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World and #1 in Data Science, Inc Magazine’s Best in Business, a Fast Company 2022 World Changing Idea, a WEF Technology Pioneer, and one of the top 100 companies in GovTech for 2022. Aclima is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Portland and Brooklyn. To learn more visit https://aclima.io.
About the Role
Aclima is seeking an experienced Customer Success Manager – Natural Gas Utilities to manage high-profile customer relationships with leading utility customers. You will be responsible for successful customer implementation of groundbreaking methane detection campaigns, and serve as the main point of customer contact.
The ideal candidate will be an empathetic, outgoing, and service-oriented leader who is highly-organized, dependable, strategic, and disciplined. You’ll thrive in a fast-paced work environment that values continuous delivery across an interdisciplinary team. We seek individuals who lean into responsibility and are self-starters.
- Own the customer’s success, project-managing contract implementation, and championing the product externally.
- Work with early customers and partners to drive deep adoption.
- Drive innovation in the sector by helping customers achieve things never before possible.
- Provide leadership and deep domain expertise in the utility vertical.
- Possess a thorough understanding of regulatory compliance for gas leak reporting and mitigation.
- Work closely with Aclima’s product, BD, and sales team to ensure the product meets and exceeds customer expectations.
- Lean into customer relationships, and strive to connect dots that expand the product’s use and add value. Represent and be an ambassador for Aclima.
- Represent the voice of the customer, helping to refine the user experience, value proposition, business model, and go-to-market strategy.
- Report up to Aclima’s executive team on customer success & needs, as well as expansion opportunities.
- Collaborate closely with product leadership to maximize the potential of the regulatory product based on your own experience and customer feedback.
- Marshal internal resources, create workback plans, manage projects, create materials, presentations, proposals, design demonstration projects, and ensure the partnership is running smoothly.
- Identify strategic win-win opportunities to maximize customer partnerships.
- Execute on the work plan, and provide forecasting and insights to members of the leadership team.
- Be a trusted guide for the customer, ensuring seamless transition from prospect to satisfied customer.
- Create delighted customer champions who will go on record about their experience working with Aclima.
- Gather valuable feedback from customers and deliver it honestly to Product, Operations, Engineering, and other relevant teams to ensure delivery, improvements, and scalability.
- Prepared: Deep familiarity with regulatory agencies, ideally through direct experience, with an understanding of their political and statutory mandates.
- People first: A people person with unmatched soft skills. Someone who thrives on meeting new people and managing relationships.
- Proven: At least 3-7 years of domain experience.
- On the ball: Ultra responsive and obsessive about owning outcomes, driving communication, follow through, and execution.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Ability to see around corners and work efficiently in a fast-paced, start-up environment and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Obsessive about customers: Desire to really get to know the consumer, translating their needs into product requirements and experiences
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated use of written, presentation and verbal skills to drive team enthusiasm for products and gain stakeholder buy-in
- Team player: Build strong relationships with the cross-functional team while serving as the team lead to drive results
- Detail-oriented: Meticulous attention to detail, knowing they all add up to excellence.
- Data-informed decisions: Strong tacit judgement combined with data to make business decisions, balancing thoughtful research with the need for decisiveness
- Science or operational background in gas leak detection.
- Direct experience working in gas operations at a utility
- Graduate degree in relevant technical disciplines
- Bay Area location
Please know that you can be a great candidate even if you don’t have everything we’ve described above. You might also possess important skills and experience we haven’t considered. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself (especially in your cover letter).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aclima is committed to diversity in our organization and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and has proudly made the Kapor Capital Founders’ Commitment. Aclima provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aclima complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities. Full-time position only. Out of area candidates will be considered.
Compensation and Benefits
Aside from the fulfillment of working alongside world-class colleagues to make a positive impact in people’s lives, while improving planetary and public health, Aclima offers competitive compensation, equity potential, and excellent benefits. Benefits include medical/dental/vision/Life/AD&D/LTD, 401K, commuter and wellness credits, company events, and an extraordinary culture.
To apply for this job email your details to DIANA.SOUZA@ACLIMA.IO