Government Sales Leader – State and Local
Aclima has pioneered an entirely new way to measure and analyze air pollution and greenhouse gases, block by block and around the world. The Aclima hardware and software technology platform translates billions of scientific measurements from its network of stationary and roving sensors into environmental intelligence for governments, businesses, and communities. A Public Benefit Corporation, Aclima is dedicated to catalyzing bold action to protect public health, reduce climate-changing emissions and advance equity. The company holds a broad patent portfolio for networked, indoor, wearable, and mobile air quality sensing technologies. Aclima is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Portland and New York City.
This year Aclima was named one of Inc Magazine’s Best in Business, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and a Fast Company World Changing Idea.
To learn more about Aclima, please visit aclima.io.
About the Role
As the Sales Leader for State and Local Governments, you will shape Aclima’s business, GTM, and sales strategy by driving the sequenced conversion of a robust inbound sales pipeline consisting of government customers in California, and the US. The ideal candidate will relish in the opportunity to close government sales and will possess a track record doing so. Over time you will have the opportunity to build and lead a highly-effective mission-driven sales team, capable of dramatically expanding the reach and impact of Aclima products.
You will be an experienced, empathetic, seasoned, and savvy sales leader with a track record of finding, navigating, and closing anything from seven and eight figure deals with multiple complex government stakeholder groups to five-figure pilot contracts with crucial early adopters.
- Provide leadership and secure critical sales wins for a growing series B company, while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, and high-performance.
- Work directly with the CEO to shape strategy and engage with high-value prospects.
- Proven experience with government sales to state, local governments and agencies in California preferably selling infrastructure software, analytical tools, databases, application software or cloud solutions.
- Report directly to the executive team on progress of exceeding revenue targets, increasing pipeline conversion, and securing additional revenue growth, initially focusing on municipal, regulatory, transportation, regional and state agencies.
- Expand the opportunity set by working with Aclima’s contacts in government, and partner organizations, and bring your own amazing network as well.
- Define sales processes to reduce friction and serve the business model.
- Recruit top caliber sales professionals and build processes to maximize their value.
- Collaborate closely with product leadership to maximize opportunity potential of the product based on market feedback.
- Collaborate with marketing on demand generation, demonstration projects, and channel partnerships.
- Coordinate closely with customer success to ensure seamless transition from prospect to satisfied customer.
- Manage ongoing forecasting process to ensure constant alignment of expectations with executive team, investors, and the board.
- Gather intelligence from customer prospects and provide valuable feedback to Product, Operations,
- Engineering, and other relevant teams for process and product improvements.
- 6+ years of sales management experience with multiple levels of reporting.
- Strong desire and proven ability to roll up sleeves and land customers.
- Deep familiarity with selling data-centric products to govt customers, and a thorough understanding of those sales cycles.
- Proven ability to build scalable sales models and contracting structures for complex and evolving SaaS products.
- Passion for understanding and solving our greatest environmental challenges; an energy you will bring to the team and our customers.
- Hands-on management experience; capable of staffing, managing, mentoring and driving a highly motivated, diverse, inclusive, and productive sales organization.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of energy and resourcefulness, and adaptability.
- Strong sense of loyalty, teamwork and high personal integrity.
- A hunger to learn everything there is to know about Aclima’s products, customers, strategy, and the markets we’re defining.
- Ability to define appropriate short and long-range organizational goals, and put the accountability structures in place for achieving them.
- A track record of landing large government contracts.
- Successful experience selling to regulatory agencies and/or utilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aclima is committed to diversity in our organization and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and has proudly made the Kapor Capital Founders’ Commitment. Aclima provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aclima complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities. Full-time position only. Out of area candidates will be considered.
Compensation and Benefits
Aside from the fulfillment of working alongside world-class colleagues to make a positive impact in people’s lives, while improving planetary and public health, Aclima offers competitive compensation, equity potential, and excellent benefits. Benefits include medical/dental/vision/Life/AD&D/LTD, 401K, commuter and wellness credits, company events, and an extraordinary culture.
To apply for this job email your details to DIANA.SOUZA@aclima.io