Scala Software Engineer
Transforming the way Professionals get paid
Scala Software Engineer
Development (Core Platform Team)
Do you want to have a direct impact on a company’s bottom line and work for a highly profitable, stable, private company? Are you a problem solver that likes to learn new technologies and apply those to real-world problems? Do you want to share your knowledge and learn within a strong team looking to always get better?
AffiniPay has numerous openings for team members interested in growing their depth and breadth of knowledge in a Scala ecosystem running in the AWS cloud. This platform utilizes tools such as Apache Kafka, AWS RDS, Kubernetes, and many others in order to process billions of dollars of transactions for our professional services customers.
You will be welcomed onto a team of hardworking engineers willing to invest themselves in helping you become the best software engineer you can be. And, our Senior Engineers have the opportunity to mentor and develop more junior engineers, too. We take our jobs seriously, and we also want to have fun and be a part of the fantastic AffiniPay culture – making AffiniPay one of Built In Austin’s Best Places to Work!
Why you should work as an Engineer at AffiniPay:
We’re working on complex problems in an industry that requires high quality and availability. We have an open, collaborative environment where we work together to make our customers successful. While there’s a lot of domain-specific knowledge to pick up and some work may fall outside your expertise, we thrive on helping one another deliver a great product.
We are transforming the world of payments by solving unique challenges:
- Focus on Quality: Because we process billions of dollars in transactions for clients every year, we set an extraordinarily high bar for quality and availability.
- Accept Payments Globally: We are building solutions that must keep up with global payment capabilities, financial flows, and payment types.
- Make Payments Effortless: We make getting paid effortless for solo practitioners as well as some of the largest law firms in the world, whether they’re using our software or a partner’s.
- Build Scalable Systems: We’re building event-sourced, reactive systems that must stay scalable and manageable.
- End-to-End Security: Keeping data secure is critical to our business and to maintaining the trust of our customers.
- Build a Partner Ecosystem: We’re making integrations quicker and easier to grow our list of 70+ integrated partners.
- Continuously deliver high-quality, secure, user features for an array of both internal and external consumers in a timely manner
- Provide secure and highly available access to partners and merchants to interact with the AffiniPay API platform
- Contribute to process and technology improvements in the engineering organization
- Work in a close-knit team environment to achieve engineering goals and make a difference
- Mentor and proactively lead in areas of expertise within team and engineering organization
- Experience with Scala developing professional backend software. Other JVM or functional language experience may substitute.
- Experience designing, implementing, monitoring, and debugging large-scale solutions in cloud-based environments such as AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Knowledgeable in event sourcing systems utilizing streams and events. Practical experience with Apache Kafka is preferred while experience using AWS Kinesis, GCP Pub/Sub, AMQP, or other relevant systems is acceptable.
- Knowledgeable in SQL and RDBMS environments. Practical experience with AWS RDS (MySQL or Postgres engines) is preferred while experience using other RDBMS is acceptable.
- Knowledgeable in NoSQL datastores utilizing json data structures
- Desire to contribute and participate in our culture of continuous improvement. The goals would include always improving our craft and always making our systems better.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledgeable in scala frameworks such as akka.
- Knowledgeable in functional programming practices with practical experience in Scala, Haskell, Clojure, F#, or other language(s).
- Familiarity with other jvm languages and core concepts.
- Familiarity with distributed programming techniques
- Familiarity with environments using linux, Docker, and/or Kubernetes being deployed to AWS or other cloud providers.
- Familiarity with security-related development practices and cross-domain API access
BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant technical experience
At AffiniPay, we’re continuously taking on exciting and interesting problems to define the direction of the financial technology industry and transform the way professionals get paid! Our drive to become leaders in FinTech has fostered our fast-paced, growth-focused culture. We’ve assembled teams of highly collaborative problem solvers who are passionate about both personal and company growth. We are eager to create, work together, and go above and beyond to be industry leaders. We also know that our people are our greatest asset and responsible for our ultimate success. As such, we invest in our team members’ growth and development, recognize accomplishments, and celebrate successes together. We’re building a winning team, and we need more creative, collaborative, and fun-loving people to help us get the job done!
Affini-Perks! We’ve got you covered…
- Competitive compensation structure
- 401K with automatic 5% company contribution
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision benefit plans
- 100% Company-paid short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Open PTO plan
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Fun offsite quarterly meetings
- AffiniPay Swag Package
- Company lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- All the benefits of a startup culture without the downsides
- The chance to be a vital team member of one of Austin’s fastest-growing companies!
AffiniPay is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.affinipay.com.