Transforming the way Professionals get paid
Development (Payments Team)
AffiniPay is looking for Backend Software Engineers to help us build our next generation payment platform. You are someone who really wants to make a difference and have a direct impact on the company’s business. You will work alongside a team of software engineers passionate about delivering secure, high performance, and highly scalable REST services supporting professional practices nationwide.
Why you should work as an Engineer at AffiniPay:
We’re working on complex problems in an industry that requires high quality and availability. We have an open, collaborative environment where we work together to make our customers successful. While there’s a lot of domain-specific knowledge to pick up and some work may fall outside your expertise, we thrive on helping one another deliver a great product.
We are transforming the world of payments by solving unique challenges:
- Focus on Quality: Because we process billions of dollars in transactions for clients every year, we set an extraordinarily high bar for quality and availability.
- Accept Payments Globally: We are building solutions that must keep up with global payment capabilities, financial flows, and payment types.
- Make Payments Effortless: We make getting paid effortless for solo practitioners as well as some of the largest law firms in the world, whether they’re using our software or a partner’s.
- Build Scalable Systems: We’re building event-sourced, reactive systems that must stay scalable and manageable.
- End-to-End Security: Keeping data secure is critical to our business and to maintaining the trust of our customers.
- Build a Partner Ecosystem: We’re making integrations quicker and easier to grow our list of 70+ integrated partners.
- Deliver high-quality, usable features for both internal and external consumers in a timely manner through iteration and constant improvement.
- Provide secure and highly available access to partners and merchants to interact with the AffiniPay API platform.
- Contribute to process and technology improvements in the engineering organization
- Work in a close-knit team environment to achieve engineering goals and make a difference
- Desire for continuous improvement and learning
- Experience with a modern programming language including but not limited to Java, Scala, Python, Kotlin, Haskell, Clojure, and F#.
- Does not require proficiency or professional experience (just a strong desire).
- Basic understanding of what Scala is and why someone might use it to solve engineering problems
Nice to Have:
- Understanding of functional programming methodologies
- Understanding of SQL and RDBMS or NoSQL databases
- Understanding of event sourcing systems utilizing streams and events including Kafka.
- Familiarity with distributed programming techniques
- Familiarity with environments using Linux, Docker, and/or Kubernetes being deployed to AWS or other cloud providers.
- Familiarity with security-related development practices and cross-domain API access
BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant technical experience
At AffiniPay, we’re continuously taking on exciting and interesting problems to define the direction of the financial technology industry and transform the way professionals get paid! Our drive to become leaders in FinTech has fostered our fast-paced, growth-focused culture. We’ve assembled teams of highly collaborative problem solvers who are passionate about both personal and company growth. We are eager to build, work together, and go above and beyond to be industry leaders. We also know that our people are our greatest asset and responsible for our ultimate success. As such, we invest in our team members’ growth and development, recognize accomplishments, and celebrate successes together. We’re building a winning team, and we need more creative, collaborative, and fun-loving people to help us get the job done!
Affini-Perks! We’ve got you covered…
Competitive compensation structure
401K with automatic 5% company contribution
100% paid medical, dental, and vision benefit plans
100% Company-paid short- and long-term disability and life insurance
Open PTO plan
Paid maternity/paternity leave
Fun offsite quarterly meetings
AffiniPay Swag Package
Company lunches and fully stocked kitchen
All the benefits of a startup culture without the downsides
The chance to be a vital team member of one of Austin’s fastest-growing companies!
AffiniPay is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.affinipay.com.