Director/GM, Worldwide Solution Architecture
Amazon Web Services
In 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) began offering IT infrastructure services to businesses in the form of web services — now commonly known as cloud computing. One of the key benefits of cloud computing is the opportunity to replace up-front capital infrastructure expenses with low variable costs that scale with your business. With the Cloud, businesses no longer need to plan for and procure servers and other IT infrastructure weeks or months in advance. Instead, they can instantly spin up hundreds or thousands of servers in minutes and deliver results faster.
Today, Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. With data center locations in the U.S., Europe, Brazil, Singapore, Japan, and Australia, customers across all industries have scale and availability at their fingertips, 24/7/365.
At Amazon Web Services, we’re hiring a Director of Solutions Architecture, who will be a lead technical strategist for the Public Sector sales teams. This technical leader will drive through direct and indirect interaction, the day-to-day technical influence of Public Sector customers. The role will work closely with a team of top technical talent to develop and promote well architected cloud best-practices across the organization. The role will influence AWS services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid global Public Sector adoption. In direct collaboration with the AWS Service leadership team, this Director will build the global, technical strategies and execute the global goals.
Amazon Web Services is looking for a highly motivated technical leader to drive the public sector growth of AWS. Government, education and nonprofit organizations face unique challenges to accomplish complex missions with limited resources. You would help accelerate AWS’ growth as part of the Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) team. This is an excellent opportunity to join AWS’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and disruptive technology companies in the world today.
As a Solution Architect within AWS WWPS, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad usage of AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Relational Data Service, Amazon DynamoDB, and over 100 more.
Your responsibilities will include:
Recruit and develop industry-leading technical talent.
Develop a team of senior technologists to lead customer focused teams segmented by geography and market segment.
Drive innovation and thought leadership in on-boarding and delighting customers as they consume and adopt Amazon Web Services.
Identify, synthesize, capture, and share common customer patterns.
Partner and coordinate closely with AWS Partner, Professional Services, Product development, Business Development, and Training and Certification teams.
Partner with customer tech leaders, including CIOs and CTOs.
Drive technical capabilities aligned to business strategy.
Guide customers on their cloud journey.
Contribute to and help publish content that supports scale, standardization, and repeatability.
Understand and participate in Public Sector acquisition activities, including technical guidance and demonstrations.
The ideal candidate will:
· Enjoy working with public sector customers and partners
· Have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for some of the largest and most important government, education and non-profit organizations to reduce costs, drive efficiencies, and increase innovation across the country.
· Have a good understanding of government mandates, security, standards, and compliance for designing large scale cloud computing solutions.
· Have a strong understanding of large-scale cloud computing solutions.
· The ideal candidate will have past experience working in a technical management role and prior experience as an architect and systems or software engineer.
· You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills and developing new ones, to the point that you can not only contribute to but lead deep architecture discussions around systems and applications in the cloud.
· You will have the technical and customer-facing skills that will allow you to be the technical “face” of AWS within our solution providers’ ecosystem/environment as well as directly to end customer.
· You will be able to drive discussions with senior technical and management personnel within customers and partners, as well as having the technical background that enables you to interact with and give guidance to software developers, IT professionals, and system architects.
· The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
· Experience working in large, complex organizations
· Highly technical and analytical, possess significant experience of software development and/or IT and networking implementation as well security and compliance
· A strong career history in software design and development and/or IT and networking implementation/consulting experience in relevant markets
· Experience of technical management in a customer-facing organization
· The ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org