Sr. Manager – Automation and Database Marketing
American Medical Association
Sr. Manager – Automation and Database Marketing
The American Medical Association (AMA) is the nation’s largest professional Association of physicians and a non-profit organization. We are a unifying voice and powerful ally for America’s physicians, the patients they care for, and the promise of a healthier nation. To be part of the AMA is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health.
We continuously work to embed equity in our internal practices and are committed to increasing the diversity of our staff across all levels of the organization. We intentionally work to create the right conditions to enable our employees to feel that they can be their authentic selves and fully participate in the life of the enterprise.
We encourage and support professional development for our employees, and we are dedicated to social responsibility. We invite you to learn more about us and we look forward to getting to know you.
We have an opportunity at our corporate offices in Chicago for a Sr. Manager – Automation and Database Marketing on our Marketing and Membership Experience team. As a Sr. Manager – Automation and Database Marketing you will develop and implement a comprehensive marketing automation and data management strategy within the Marketing and Member Experience (MMX) team to meet growth objectives. You will also drive measurable improvements in the Salesforce Marketing Cloud, including data, campaign development and execution, and reporting. As the Sr. Manager – Automation and Database Marketing you will manage relationships with service providers, and apply strong marketing technology and technical skills, innovative mind-set and business acumen to optimize platform investment. You will manage a team with responsibilities spanning platform development, data management, platform operations, and reporting.
- Responsible for ongoing roadmap of marketing automation platform, Salesforce Marketing cloud (SFMC) and Datorama
- Collaborate across MMX to gather requirements for ongoing evolution of platform to meet business needs and identify opportunities to solely utilize SFMC for more robust and sophisticated campaigns, improved customer experience and increased ROI
- Oversees executions of platform enhancements in collaboration with IT and external partners to deliver projects on time and with high quality
- Manages vendor relationships including the Salesforce Marketing Cloud team and implementation provider; manages the contracts/SOWs and tracks contact and super message usage
- Develop and implement governance for SFMC
- Implement multi-channel campaigns including direct mail, paid ads, fax, telemarketing
- Stays current with industry trends, technologies, opportunities, best practices and legislation, and adjusts strategy accordingly
Marketing Data Management
- Oversees a team responsible for list pulls, creating DEs in Salesforce, data quality and availability
- Find opportunities for and implement operational efficiency, process improvement and other improvements for data
- Generate incremental business opportunities by acquiring data and integrating into programs/campaigns
- Ensure relevant data integrations among systems are accurate and on-time
- Contribute to the enterprise data strategy team, partnering with stakeholders in IT and other departments
Marketing Operations & Reporting
- Lead a team that builds and deploys multi-channel campaigns, leveraging automation to improve processes and productivity
- Partner with Digital Marketing team’s PM to effectively manage operations and production, including resource capacity
- Ensure high level of service provided to business units (BUs) with efficient and accurate build of campaigns,
- Build and maintain dashboards in Datorama
- Train BUs to use dashboards to derive insights and guide strategy
Management & Staff Development
- Lead, mentor and provide management oversight for professional staff
- Responsible for setting objectives, evaluating performance and developing staff
- Identify opportunities for advancing staff skills and expertise
May include other responsibilities as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or business required; Master’s degree preferred
7+ years of hands-on data management experience in positions of increasing responsibility including experience with targeting and extracting audiences from structured and unstructured data environments, data layer development, automation, and systems design/architecture; SQL proficiency is mandatory; SAS, R, Python a plus
Demonstrated experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud required, with working knowledge of Email Studio, Content Studio, Cloud Pages, Ad Studio, Journey Builder, etc.; working knowledge of other Salesforce products and of SQL and AMP$cript as it applies to SFMC a plus
Strong skills in developing BI reporting platforms, including building data layers and defining metrics. Experience with data visualization platforms such as Tableau, Power BI, or Business Objects required, bonus if working knowledge of Datorama
Strong leadership skills with at least 3+ years of direct supervisory experience with a multi-faceted and skilled team supporting high-volume marketing efforts
Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to deliver on deadlines, and manage the workload across a team with multiple priorities; working knowledge of project management tools such as Asana, Workfront, Basecamp, etc.
Must have experience performing business analysis as well as demonstrated ability to improve efficiencies by developing end-to-end processes for data, campaign execution
Superior critical thinking skills, including the ability to form simple solutions to complex issues
Strong written and verbal communications skills, especially the ability to express technical concepts effectively to non-technical audiences
Ability to influence others to ensure effective implementation of initiatives and programs; ability to work independently and as part of a team
The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION
To apply for this job please visit ama-assn.https.