IT Infrastructure Engineer
Website American Residential Services
This is a full-time remote work position requiring a suitable home office with good internet access
American Residential Services (ARS) is a national provider of plumbing and HVAC services with 70 locations in the continental United States, 6,000+ employees, and over $1bn in annual revenue. Using technology to build a competitive advantage is a key differentiator of our business and key to our continued success. We are looking for a capable individual to join our team and help us maintain and develop our IT infrastructure.
Candidates should be able to draw from their extensive understanding of on-premise and cloud technologies to craft technical solutions that meet business requirements while maintaining the underlying IT infrastructure. They can work effectively alongside other teams to integrate and deliver those solutions. The ideal candidate doesn’t necessarily have all the answers, but they know where to get them, and they’re constantly looking to learn and grow.
American Residential Services is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be evaluated solely based on merit and, accordingly, all are encouraged to apply without prejudice towards race, color, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or any other non-merit factor.
- Bring your technical expertise to bear in helping to shape the future of our infrastructure by recommending and implementing hardware, software, and cloud-based solutions that align with business need
- Work with operational teams to craft technical documentation that enables effective support
- Contribute to and execute procedures for optimizing server performance, reliability, and capacity
- Develop and maintain the skills and knowledge required for effective support and maintenance of our IT infrastructure
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the process of diagnosing and resolving complex technical problems
- Work with team members to implement security recommendations in a primarily Windows-based environment
Skills and Qualifications
- Deep technical knowledge of core Microsoft products – Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, IIS, System Center, Windows Server, MDT, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft 365 and its components (Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, etc.)
- Fluency in one or more common scripting languages (e.g., PowerShell, or Python)
- Detailed technical knowledge of a virtualization stack, preferably vSphere
- Experience with containerization and orchestration tools (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with datacenter backup and replication technologies (e.g., Veeam, Rubrik, Cohesity, Zerto) and/or cloud equivalents – AWS/Azure Backup, etc.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org