IT Security Engineer
Website American Residential Services
This is a full-time remote work position requiring a suitable home office with good internet access
American Residential Services (ARS) is a national provider of plumbing and HVAC services with 70 locations in the continental United States, 6,000+ employees, and over $1bn in annual revenue. Using technology to build a competitive advantage is a key differentiator of our business and key to our continued success. We are looking for a capable individual to join our team and help us secure our systems in the face of an increasingly challenging threat landscape.
Candidates must have up-to-date knowledge of the current threat landscape and be able to propose effective security countermeasures. For example, not only be able to explain what a Pass-the-Hash (PtH) attack is but how you can defend against it. This is a position where you can make a real difference, so expect a good mix of proposing solutions and implementing them. And as threats evolve, so will you – ARS will actively support your development and you should be ready to learn and grow in this position.
American Residential Services is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be evaluated solely based on merit and, accordingly, all are encouraged to apply without prejudice towards race, color, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or any other non-merit factor.
- Provide effective security monitoring of ARS systems through alerting, log review, and third-party products
- Implement and maintain additional security tools to maintain an effective security posture for the organization
- Assist in the evaluation of new systems, acquisitions, and vendors for adherence to ARS security standards
- Stay informed of industry trends and the evolving threat landscape (CVEs, CISA emergency directives, etc.)
- Assist in internal penetration tests using industry standard tools (Kali, PowerSploit, etc.)
- Assist in the development of security and disaster recovery/business continuity standards and associated processes
- Participate in security incident response efforts as required
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with common cybersecurity tools and techniques
- Up-to-date knowledge of attacker techniques, tools, and procedures
- Experience configuring and reviewing security applications
- A good base level understanding of Windows, Active Directory, Group Policy, etc.
- Experience managing an EDR platform (CrowdStrike, Carbon Black, or similar)
- Experience implementing MFA (Okta, Duo, or similar)
- Experience with cloud platforms (Azure and/or AWS) as well as on-prem virtualization (vSphere)
- Knowledge of one or more industry security frameworks (e.g., NIST 800-53)
- Ability to script in a common language (e.g., PowerShell, Python) or a desire to learn
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com