Mid-Market Customer Success Manager – NYC or SF
Our Customer Operations team helps customers find clarity in their work and get results with Asana. We are Asana experts and productivity savants who are passionate about investing in our customers’ success. We help customers with questions, feature requests, and bug reports, and educate them about best practices. Within the organization, we amplify our customers’ voices in product development, and we encourage that dialogue through our support channels. We measure our success by our customers’ success, and we get there by exemplifying empathy with our customers.
We’re looking for a Customer Success Manager to help support and grow our Mid-Market customers. As an Asana CSM, you’ll partner closely with the Sales team to deploy Asana to new customers, help existing customers achieve desired outcomes through Asana, and continuously forge relationships across your large, complex customer base. You will serve as a lifeline to these customers over the course of their journey with Asana.
Equipped with the knowledge of what it takes for customers to succeed with Asana, you will serve as the voice of your customers cross-functionally, providing feedback to the Product team and broader business. To the entire Asana team, you’ll exemplify an empathetic, customer-centric perspective.
What you’ll achieve
- Maintain ownership of a portfolio of customers, weaving a web to develop new relationships while supporting existing teams to ultimately drive adoption and retention of Asana across their organization
- Work with customers to understand their unique goals and business processes as well as provide expert knowledge of Asana; nurture relationships with influential stakeholders and empower them to be Asana champions
- Execute on all phases of the customer journey, including: deployment strategy, change management consulting, business impact reviews, roadmap advisory, and renewal touch points
- Be a cross-functional superstar:
- Partner closely with Sales counterparts to build customer success plans, forge executive relationships, drive customer satisfaction and identify expansion opportunities
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing team to build customer references and co-develop resources to better support our customers
- Serve as the voice of your customers by surfacing key trends and insights back to our Product, Research, and business teams
- Liaise with Support and Finance to help quarterback resolutions for customer issues and optimization opportunities
- Analyze customer usage in internal data systems to identify, communicate, and act upon both risks and opportunities; proactively drive data-driven, account-focused campaigns to increase customer engagement and product adoption
- Travel and meet customers on-site up to 25% of the time
- 4+ years demonstrated success in an Account Management or Customer Success role
- Prior experience managing a book of high-value customer relationships in post-sales or deployment services, able to drive customer success and align within complex customer environments at executive and department levels
- Skilled at identifying and forging relationships with decision makers and influential stakeholders
- Customer-centric and relationship-oriented at your core. You’re devoted to ensuring our customers’ success and adoption of Asana, advocate for customers’ needs, and genuinely care about customers as people
- Solid communicator. You’re able to communicate confidently & concisely through Asana, via email, over the phone, or in person, with all audiences (from cross-functional partners to executive stakeholders)
- Self-motivated, proactive team player. You bias for action and work effectively in a highly ambiguous, ever-changing environment. You’re able to zoom in to most granular details and also zoom out to understand the philosophy of how and why decisions are made.
- Driven, process-oriented person. You’re able to effectively balance competing priorities and make decisions that best support Asana, the team, and the customer. You’re able to efficiently switch contexts from responding to customer emails to giving a product demo to meeting with the product team about an upcoming feature
- Familiarity with Asana
- Fearless public speaker, energized by meeting new people
- Basic proficiency in Salesforce and analytics platforms like Looker
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune’s #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com