Back-End Software Engineer (Node.js/PostgreSQL)
Back-End Software Engineer (Node.js/PostgreSQL)
For the first time in its 115-year existence, the NCAA will allow student-athletes to receive compensation for their Name, Image, & Likeness (NIL). Athliance, a fast-growing Florida-based tech company, has designed a proprietary NIL education and opportunity management software that empowers compliance departments to operate more efficiently in the new world of college athletics. Our tools and resources allow Universities to maintain current staff levels by automating the communication and workflow of every single opportunity presented to student-athletes, start-to-finish. Our solution mitigates NIL risks and protects scholarships, sponsorships, and post-season appearances. Furthermore, our real-time reports provide valuable data and insights for marketing and recruiting purposes.
Challenge – Be Ready to Do Your Best Work
We are currently seeking a Back-End Software Engineer to work collaboratively within an agile team of designers, product managers, and other developers to assist in expanding features and functionality for our custom SaaS solution. This position requires creativity, communication, and thoughtful input into the process of executing features. As a key member of our growing team, you must be dedicated to solving complex problems with out of the box thinking and solutions. You will thrive in this position if you are inventive, resourceful, and ready to test different initiatives that drive customer engagement. We fully expect you to do your best and keep us on track to have the best product AND be the best place to work.
The ideal candidate should reside in one of the following states: Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Nebraska, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Virginia.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: 100% Remote – USA
Schedule: Flexible 8-hour workday Monday – Friday
Travel: No Travel Required
Pay: $90,000 – $110,000 per year
- Collaborate directly with Product Manager, Technical Manager, and team to architect, plan, and develop new features
- Invent unique solutions to challenging problems
- Estimate individual tickets accurately
- Take ownership of assigned application scope or project scope
- Write, update, and maintain software to handle specific workflow-related functionality
- Write software based on specific requirements.
- Revise, expand, and repair existing software to implement new requirements
- Compile and write documentation so other developers can understand the software
- Write instructions and manuals to guide end-users
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Fix bugs and re-test to ensure desired results
- Share knowledge through mentorship of team members
- Abide by best practices from your broad range of experience with different roles, technologies, and situations
- Identify gaps or inefficiencies in workflow and create solutions to improve them
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Adapt functional programming skills to any functional programming language
- Adapt tools to work for you, such as writing your own IDE macros and installing plugins to assist your workflow
Essential Experience and Skills: (essential skills must be highlight in resume)
- 3+ years of professional web development experience.
- Experience developing server-side apps or APIs with Node.js.
- Experience writing SQL and working with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.).
- Experience writing unit tests and test-driven development.
- Self-directed and able to take ownership of your work from architecture and implementation through deployment and monitoring.
- Bias for continuous improvement and a demonstrated ability to effect change through leadership and mentoring.
- Strong logical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Hungry to learn new systems and technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively to a less technical audience.
- Effectively build trust with all internal and external customers.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects while paying strict attention to detail and adhering to deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Medical, Dental, Life
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Holidays
- A collaborative, teamwork-centric work environment
Embracing Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:
Athliance is absolutely committed to maintaining a workspace where inclusion is valued, expected, and ingrained in our culture. Our clients, customers, and stakeholders come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people and draw on their different thoughts, experiences, and skills. Why be good alone when we can be spectacular together? At Athliance, all qualified applicants will receive full consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Expect equal pay for equal work. We believe diversity, equity, inclusion, and partnership are essential and you should too!