A little bit about us:
We are Belvo, a financial API platform with the bold vision of democratizing access to financial services in Latin America. We enable any company or developer to access and interpret their end-users’ financial information. We are turning the rich and diverse Latin American financial ecosystem into a set of developer-friendly tools and APIs.
We’re a highly-technical, passionate and driven team. We are currently 70 people, projected to be 100+ by the end of 2021. Our team currently represents 15 nationalities and we have offices in Barcelona, Mexico City, and São Paulo – while a large portion of us works remotely.
We are tackling a very challenging problem: connecting fintech innovators with legacy financial infrastructure. We strive to go beyond the limits of what is possible today and to do so in an elegant and developer-first way.
Since starting our adventure in May 2019, we have raised $56m from the leading VC investors globally.
About the team:
– We work in cross-functional, autonomous teams. We follow continuous delivery best practices executed on top of a modern technology stack.
– Our products are built for developers, by developers. Technological excellence is at the heart of what we do.
– We are pragmatic and customer-focused. We strive to find the right set of trade-offs in order to validate our hypothesis as early as possible, iterating on our products based on customer feedback.
– We communicate transparently. We do weekly all-hands where we get together to discuss company performance and goals.
– We are a flexible international team focused on creating cool stuff. Some of us prefer to work together in one of our offices and others prefer remote. For us, there’s no difference as long as you have an excellent internet connection and are able to overlap with the team between 3 pm and 6 pm, CEST timezone.
– Also, we are backed by some of the leading investors in Silicon Valley and Latin America, including Founders Fund, Kaszek Ventures, and YCombinator.
You will join Belvo’s Engineering team, building and supporting our internal IT operations. We have built our technology environment aiming for simplicity, efficiency, security and scalability. We move fast, but we don’t cut corners.
Belvo is a young technology startup with a very technical team. 60%+ of the company works in Engineering and Product Management. We are currently 80 people, projected to be 100+ by the end of 2021. A large portion of our team works remotely.
IT engineering is in charge of shaping the way we build our IT infrastructure. We’re looking for an experienced individual able to define processes from the ground up, and scale them as the company grows.
-Building and maintaining our IT infrastructure for a remote-first team spread across Europe, LatAm and 3 physical offices (Barcelona, CDMX, São Paulo).
– Working on security and compliance initiatives, closely partnering with our security team. These will include topics such as ISO-27001 IT implementation and similarly broadly-scoped security and compliance initiatives.
– Autonomously researching and implementing solutions with minimal guidance. You act as a subject matter expert when it comes to IT projects.
– Onboarding and offboarding of employees
– Management of physical and virtual inventory, collaborating with other departments such as finance and people.
– Implementation and management of a Mobile Device Management system.
– Patch & update management across our fleet of devices
– Management of procurement and vendors.
– SaaS and IT administration (Google Workspace, JIRA, Slack, 1password etc).
– Desktop Support (macOS, Windows)
– Antivirus and overall endpoint security.
– Basic network troubleshooting (VPN, Wireless).
– Documenting procedures and processes.
This position may be for you if:
– 5+ years of experience in the IT engineering function.
– Experience working with a remote team.
– Deep technical understanding of common security best practices.
– Experience implementing compliance frameworks such as ISO/IEC 27001, PCI-DSS or SOC 2.
– Natural leadership instincts with proven ability to innovate.
– Willingness to solve challenging problems.
– Experience scaling IT operations for a startup during a period of high growth.
– Programming experience.
– Experience working with JAMF and Apple Business Manager.
– Knowledge of Microsoft 365 administration.
– ITIL v4 Knowledge.
– JIRA Service Desk management experience.
Our tech stack:
– We’re building our platform using modern technologies, putting the focus on reliability and long-term maintainability
– We primarily use Python on the backend. We use battle-tested technologies such as Django, and we are heavy users of Python’s asyncio for some parts of our stack
– We run our infrastructure on top of Amazon Web Services, leveraging managed services. We tend to favor the use of managed services wherever possible, in order to focus on our business problems
– We observe and monitor our services using Datadog
– We follow Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery best practices
🚀 Stock options (we are all owners and this is very important to us)
🔆 Flexible working hours
🔝 Remote friendly
🐶 Pet friendly
🧘🏾♀️ Access to mental health service
👩🏻⚕️ Health Insurance
🎊 Paid time off on your birthday
🌎 Work from any office twice per year
💻 Renew your laptop every 2 years
🙋 Training Budget
😎 Team building events
🙀 Bank holidays swap inside the same month
🔋 Fitness/ wellness stipends
🚀 Yearly offsite
🍒 Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
🍻 Friday happy hours after our weekly team meetings
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ashbyhq.com.