General Manager Colombia
A little bit about us:
We are Belvo, a financial API platform with the bold vision of democratizing access to financial services in Latin America. We enable any company or developer to access and interpret their end-users financial information. We are turning the rich and diverse Latin American financial ecosystem into a set of developer-friendly tools and APIs.
We’re a highly technical, passionate, and driven team. We are currently 70 people, projected to be 100+ by the end of 2021. Our team currently represents 15 nationalities and we have offices in Barcelona, Mexico City, and São Paulo – while a large portion of us works remotely.
We are tackling a very challenging problem: connecting fintech innovators with legacy financial infrastructure. We strive to go beyond the limits of what is possible today and to do so in an elegant and developer-first way.
Since starting our adventure in May 2019, we have raised $56m from the leading VC investors globally.
About the team:
We work in cross-functional, autonomous teams. We follow continuous delivery best practices executed on top of a modern technology stack.
Our products are built for developers, by developers. Technological excellence is at the heart of what we do.
We are pragmatic and customer-focused. We strive to find the right set of trade-offs in order to validate our hypothesis as early as possible, iterating on our products based on customer feedback.
We communicate transparently. We do weekly all-hands where we get together to discuss company performance and goals.
We are a flexible international team focused on creating cool stuff. Some of us prefer to work together in one of our offices and others prefer remote. For us, there’s no difference as long as you have an excellent internet connection and are able to overlap with the team between 3 pm and 6 pm, CEST timezone.
Also, we are backed by some of the leading investors in Silicon Valley and Latin America, including Founders Fund, Kaszek Ventures, and YCombinator.
- Be the key driving force behind our operation in Colombia, managing new product launches, nurturing key customer and partner relationships, and driving overall growth
- Define and lead expansion plans for the market while ensuring strong coordination with Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Product teams along the way
- Plan and execute local key marketing activities, such as developing new partnerships and organizing key events
- Champion our Culture and Values and ensure alignment as the team and operation scale over time
- Represent and be the voice of Belvo in Colombia and be the face for partners, external stakeholders, regulators, and, in general, any local inquiries
- Work closely with functional go-to-market leadership (Sales, Marketing, etc.) to strategize on business development and partnership approaches and agreements
- Collaborate with Product to translate customer and product feedback into actionable improvements, new features, etc.
- Work with Legal and Regulatory teams to ensure Belvo executes in line with local presence and future regulations.
This position may be for you if:
- 5+ years of proven success in similar role leading operations, marketing, and growth, ideally for a technical B2B product
- 3+ years of operational experience in some areas of Fintech in Colombia (consumer or B2B)
- Passion for and deep understanding of Open Banking / Open Finance
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and live and breathe curiosity, change, progress, and growth in everything that you do
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and facilitation skills. You have experience in managing and navigating high-stakes relationships with many internal and external stakeholders, including regulators, financial institutions executives, etc.
- You are a charismatic leader people get behind and are extremely effective at leading multiple department heads and their highly collaborative teams, to execute on the company’s vision and OKRs
- You are logical, data-driven, analytical, and have experience solving complex problems in elegant and efficient ways
- You are adaptable, enjoy fast-paced environments, and thrive when you have to multitask under tight deadlines
- Resourcefulness, pragmatism, and roll-up your sleeves mentality
- International experience and thrive in a multicultural environment
- Excellent spoken and written Spanish and English
- You have started your own company in the past
- Fluency in Portuguese, both written and verbal
🚀 Stock options (we are all owners and this is very important to us)
🔆 Flexible working hours
🔝 Remote friendly
🐶 Pet friendly
🧘🏾♀️ Access to mental health service
👩🏻⚕️ Health Insurance
🎊 Paid time off on your birthday
🌎 Work from any office twice per year
💻 Renew your laptop every 2 years
🙋 Training Budget
😎 Team building events
🙀 Bank holidays swap inside the same month
🔋 Fitness/ wellness stipends
🚀 Yearly offsite
🍒 Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
🍻 Friday happy hours after our weekly team meetings
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ashbyhq.com.