Bank Partnerships Lead
A little bit about us:
We are Belvo, a financial API platform with the bold vision of democratizing access to financial services in Latin America. We enable any company or developer to access and interpret their end-users’ financial information. We are turning the rich and diverse Latin American financial ecosystem into a set of developer-friendly tools and APIs.
We’re a highly-technical, passionate, and driven team. We are more than 100 people, our team currently represents 26 nationalities and we have offices in Barcelona, Mexico City, and São Paulo – while a large portion of us works remotely.
We are tackling a very stimulating problem: connecting fintech innovators with legacy financial infrastructure. We strive to go beyond the limits of what is possible today and to do so in an elegant and developer-first way.
Since starting our adventure in May 2019, we have raised $56m from the leading VC investors globally.
Also, head to our blog for more news about our growth and how we have fun together.
About the team:
We work in cross-functional, autonomous teams. We follow continuous delivery best practices executed on top of a modern technology stack.
Our products are built for developers, by developers. Technological excellence is at the heart of what we do.
We are pragmatic and customer-focused. We strive to find the right set of trade-offs in order to validate our hypothesis as early as possible, iterating on our products based on customer feedback.
We communicate transparently. We do weekly all-hands where we get together to discuss company performance and goals.
We are a flexible international team focused on creating cool stuff. Some of us prefer to work together in one of our offices and others prefer remote. For us, there’s no difference as long as you have an excellent internet connection and are able to overlap with the team between 3 pm and 6 pm, CEST timezone.
Also, we are backed by some of the leading investors in Silicon Valley and Latin America, including Founders Fund, Kaszek Ventures, and YCombinator.
As part of the strategy team in Mexico, your main duties will be to:
- Become the owner and grow existing Belvo partnerships with local banks and Financial Institutions.
- Establish new partnerships with top tier banks/FIs in order to enable data sharing contracts between them and all Belvo ecosystem of clients and partners.
- Extend partnerships beyond data access and work closely with our product team for exploring new opportunities that Open Banking and private banking APIs can offer. Helping to build new use-cases in order to democratize access and expand new financial services for the Mexican population.
- Work closely with our legal & product team in order to translate business requirements from FIs and draft new partnership agreements.
- Join efforts with our Public Policy team in order to establish relationships with regulators and bank stakeholders.
This position may be for you if:
- Understands the banking/ financial ecosystem in Mexico and its structure, identifying main stakeholders.
- Has great skills on business development and partnerships. Especially based on complex relationships like working previously at a strategic consulting role for FIs.
- Product & technology lover, has previously liaised with high-growth tech companies directly or indirectly.
- Knows or willingness to fully understand the Open Banking Mexican technical and functional requirements, working closely with our OPB Working Group leads (security, specs, ux, comms., etc.) while collaborating with industry associations (Fintech Mexico, ABM, etc…).
- You are adaptable, enjoy fast-paced environments
- Excellent spoken and written Portuguese and at least professional working proficiency in English.
- You have been directly involved with the implementation of Open Banking in Mexico.
- You have previously worked at a technology position within a Bank.
- Fluency in English and Spanish, both written and verbal.
🚀 Stock options (we are all owners and this is very important to us)
📈 Annual company bonus
🔆 Flexible working hours
🔝 Remote friendly
🐶 Pet friendly
🧘🏾♀️ Access to mental health service
👩🏻⚕️ Health Insurance
🎊 Paid time off on your birthday
🌎 Work from any office twice per year
💻 Renew your laptop every 2 years
🙋 Training Budget
😎 Team building events
🙀 Bank holidays swap inside the same month
🔋 Fitness/ wellness stipends
🚀 Yearly offsite
🍒 Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
🏝 1 week off on your 2-year anniversary
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ashbyhq.com.