Engineering Manager / Senior Engineering Manager – Payments
We are Belvo, a financial API platform for Latam.
A little bit about us:
We are Belvo, a financial API platform with the bold vision of democratizing access to financial services in Latin America. We enable any company or developer to access and interpret their end-users’ financial information. We are turning the rich and diverse Latin American financial ecosystem into a set of developer-friendly tools and APIs.
We’re a highly-technical, passionate and driven team. We are more than 100 people, our team currently represents 26 nationalities and we have offices in Barcelona, Mexico City, and São Paulo – while a large portion of us works remotely.
We are tackling a very stimulating problem: connecting fintech innovators with legacy financial infrastructure. We strive to go beyond the limits of what is possible today and to do so in an elegant and developer-first way.
Since starting our adventure in May 2019, we have raised $56m from the leading VC investors globally.
You can read more about our company here and about our team and culture here. Also, head to our blog for more news about our growth and how we have fun together.
About the team:
- We work in cross-functional, autonomous teams. We follow continuous delivery best practices executed on top of a modern technology stack.
- Our products are built for developers, by developers. Technological excellence is at the heart of what we do.
- We are pragmatic and customer-focused. We strive to find the right set of trade-offs in order to validate our hypothesis as early as possible, iterating on our products based on customer feedback.
- We communicate transparently. We do weekly all-hands where we get together to discuss company performance and goals.
- We are a flexible international team focused on creating cool stuff. Some of us prefer to work together in one of our offices and others prefer remote. For us, there’s no difference as long as you have an excellent internet connection and are able to overlap with the team between 3 pm and 6 pm, CEST timezone.
- Also, we are backed by some of the leading investors in Silicon Valley and Latin America, including Founders Fund, Kaszek Ventures, and YCombinator.
We’re looking for a seasoned Engineering Manager to lead the Payments team. This is a team that has the goal of building various types of account to account payment systems for Latin American markets, across multiple countries and payment rails.
We expose these systems through APIs, translating the intricacies of local payment rails into a delightful and easy to use set of REST apis, along with their corresponding SDKs and a modern SaaS stack.
We’re currently focusing on the Brazillian market, using the various components and APIs provided by the central bank alongside the Brazillian Open Banking initiative.
- Coach first, player second. You are a force multiplier for your team and have a passion for team and team members’ success.
- Drive and the execution and delivery of features and new products.
- Set objectives, follow performance and provide feedback.
- Team happiness, wellbeing and productivity.
- Participate in cross-functional coordination, planning, and reviews with leads from other engineering teams.
- Partner with Product Managers on objectives, priorities, tradeoffs and risk.
- We don’t establish a fixed hands-on/off split, but we encourage you to to keep coding to keep your technical acumen sharp and to have a solid understanding of the technical challenges that your team faces.
- Participate in technical decisions, contributing your technical knowledge as well as your strategic and planning inputs.
- Establish processes and address growing pains during high-growth phases.
- Participating in architecture discussions and planning.
- Ability to act as Tech Lead and being more hands-on when required.
- Maintain and foster our culture by interviewing and hiring only the most qualified individuals with an eye towards diversity.
This position may be for you if:
- 1+ (mid level) or 3+ (senior level) years of experience in engineering leadership and people management
- Tech startup experience
- Past experience as a senior individual contributor.
- Well rounded technical skills and ability to contribute to deeply technical discussions.
- Experience recruiting and growing a team, in a context of rapid change and fast growth.
- Ability to be nimble, proactive, comfortable working with minimal specifications and build a solid execution plan for your team.
- Knowledge of the Brazillian Open Banking ecosystem
- Knowledge of the basic pillars of our technical stack: Python, AWS and managed AWS services.
- Fintech and SaaS past experience
- Experience building large-scale platforms with a global reach
Our tech stack:
- We’re building our platform using modern technologies, putting the focus on reliability and long-term maintainability
- We primarily use Python on the backend. We use battle-tested technologies such as Django, and we are heavy users of Python’s asyncio for some parts of our stack
- We run our infrastructure on top of Amazon Web Services, leveraging managed services. We tend to favor the use of managed services wherever possible, in order to focus on our business problems
- We observe and monitor our services using Datadog
- We follow Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery best practices
🚀 Stock options (we are all owners and this is very important to us)
📈 Annual company bonus
🔆 Flexible working hours
🔝 Remote friendly
🐶 Pet friendly
🧘🏾♀️ Access to mental health service
👩🏻⚕️ Health Insurance
🎊 Paid time off on your birthday
🌎 Work from any office twice per year
💻 Renew your laptop every 2 years
🙋 Training Budget
😎 Team building events
🙀 Bank holidays swap inside the same month
🔋 Fitness/ wellness stipends
🚀 Yearly offsite
🍒 Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
🏝 1 week off on your 2-year anniversary
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ashbyhq.com.