Frontend Engineer – Mid and Senior level
A little bit about us:
We are Belvo, a financial API platform with the bold vision of democratizing access to financial services in Latin America. We enable any company or developer to access and interpret their end-users’ financial information. We are turning the rich and diverse Latin American financial ecosystem into a set of developer-friendly tools and APIs.
We’re a highly-technical, passionate and driven team. We are currently 70 people, projected to be 100+ by the end of 2021. Our team currently represents 15 nationalities and we have offices in Barcelona, Mexico City, and São Paulo – while a large portion of us works remotely.
We are tackling a very challenging problem: connecting fintech innovators with legacy financial infrastructure. We strive to go beyond the limits of what is possible today and to do so in an elegant and developer-first way.
Since starting our adventure in May 2019, we have raised $56m from the leading VC investors globally.
About The Team:
– We work in cross-functional, autonomous teams. We follow continuous delivery best practices executed on top of a modern technology stack.
– Our products are built for developers, by developers. Technological excellence is at the heart of what we do.
– We are pragmatic and customer focused. We strive to find the right set of trade-offs in order to validate our hypothesis as early as possible, iterating on our products based on customer feedback.
– We communicate transparently. We do weekly all hands where we get together to discuss company performance and goals.
– We are a flexible international team focused on creating cool stuff. Some of us prefer to work together in one of our offices and others prefer remote. For us there’s no difference as long as you have an excellent internet connection and are able to overlap with the team between 3pm and 6pm, CEST timezone.
– Also we are backed by some of the leading investors in Silicon Valley and Latin America, including Founders Fund, Kaszek Ventures and YCombinator
– Build applications, UI components and libraries that power the platform that impacts every Belvo client, whether they’re an end-user or a developer.
– Ensuring our UI components and libraries are reliable, scalable, secure, and extensible.
– Implement client-facing interfaces such as SDKs, that can be dropped into third-party applications.
– Contribute in the decision making and development phases of client-facing features and their UX/UI.
– Architect and lead the implementation of new solutions.
This position may be for you if:
– Experience in fast-paced startup environments.
– Experience in SaaS or developer-tool type software products.
– Experience and deep understanding of Vuejs.
– A combined passion for great user experience and API design.
– Empathy, a collaborative spirit, and the ability to work effectively with a team.
– A desire to work closely with developers who depend on your libraries to deliver customer value.
– You appreciate good documentation, internal and external.
– Attention to detail, especially around performance, reliability, and security.
– Excellent spoken and written English
– Fintech past experience
– Relevant programming knowledge in other languages
– Pixel-perfect design will give you bonus points 😉
Our tech stack:
– We mainly use Python on our backend.
– We are developing and leveraging our own design system and component library.
– We use Mixpanel, Fullstory, Abstract, Storybook and other modern tools for product analytics and design collaboration.
– We follow Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery best practices.
🚀 Stock options (we are all owners and this is very important to us)
🔆 Flexible working hours
🔝 Remote friendly
🐶 Pet friendly
🧘🏾♀️ Access to mental health service
👩🏻⚕️ Health Insurance
🎊 Paid time off on your birthday
🌎 Work from any office twice per year
💻 Renew your laptop every 2 years
🙋 Training Budget
😎 Team building events
🙀 Bank holidays swap inside the same month
🔋 Fitness/ wellness stipends
🚀 Yearly offsite
🍒 Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
🍻 Friday happy hours after our weekly team meetings
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ashbyhq.com.