Head of Design
A little bit about us:
We are Belvo, a financial API platform with the bold vision of democratizing access to financial services in Latin America. We enable any company or developer to access and interpret their end-users’ financial information. We are turning the rich and diverse Latin American financial ecosystem into a set of developer-friendly tools and APIs.
We’re a highly-technical, passionate and driven team. We are currently 70 people, projected to be 100+ by the end of 2021. Our team currently represents 15 nationalities and we have offices in Barcelona, Mexico City, and São Paulo – while a large portion of us works remotely.
We are tackling a very challenging problem: connecting fintech innovators with legacy financial infrastructure. We strive to go beyond the limits of what is possible today and to do so in an elegant and developer-first way.
Since starting our adventure in May 2019, we have raised $56m from the leading VC investors globally.
About the team:
We work in cross-functional, autonomous teams. We follow continuous delivery best practices executed on top of a modern technology stack.
Our products are built for developers, by developers. Technological excellence is at the heart of what we do.
We are pragmatic and customer-focused. We strive to find the right set of trade-offs in order to validate our hypothesis as early as possible, iterating on our products based on customer feedback.
We communicate transparently. We do weekly all-hands where we get together to discuss company performance and goals.
We are a flexible international team focused on creating cool stuff. Some of us prefer to work together in one of our offices and others prefer remote. For us, there’s no difference as long as you have an excellent internet connection and are able to overlap with the team between 3 pm and 6 pm, CEST timezone.
Also, we are backed by some of the leading investors in Silicon Valley and Latin America, including Founders Fund, Kaszek Ventures, and YCombinator.
Belvo is implementing its product brand across all the different departments: product, marketing, sales, customer success, etc. As a company with exponential growth, you will be responsible for the definition and management of the design principles of the company
As the Head of Design, you will:
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams to understand business needs and translate them into design requirements
- Manage a team of experienced product and marketing designers, together with UX researchers.
- You should lead by example and be a reference, mentor, and guide for your team
- Elaborate a career path for the design team members
- Define the product design roadmap on a quarterly basis
- Work on a daily basis with the product and marketing teams to ensure project timelines are met
- Define and maintain at scale a design system and the brand book that any department of the company can use
- Lead the user research efforts to better understand the needs of our clients and translate them into product and design requirements
- You need to be a doer, you will need to make practical decisions to ship products to our clients in a very fast-paced environment
- Clearly understand the company objectives and translate them into creative ideas and proper tasks for the product and engineering teams to improve our offering
This position may be for you if:
- 2+ years of experience leading the design team of a product oriented company
- Experience in fast-paced or startup environment working with Agile methodologies
- You are very comfortable with implementing and maintaining a design system
- You are data driven, extremely organized and curious
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for articulating customer challenges
- Experience in branding
- Excellent spoken and written English
- You have worked in fintech and/or an API based product
- You have experience working with remote teams
- Spanish and/or Portuguese
🚀 Stock options (we are all owners and this is very important to us)
🔆 Flexible working hours
🔝 Remote friendly
🐶 Pet friendly
🧘🏾♀️ Access to mental health service
👩🏻⚕️ Health Insurance
🎊 Paid time off on your birthday
🌎 Work from any office twice per year
💻 Renew your laptop every 2 years
🙋 Training Budget
😎 Team building events
🙀 Bank holidays swap inside the same month
🔋 Fitness/ wellness stipends
🚀 Yearly offsite
🍒 Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
🍻 Friday happy hours after our weekly team meetings
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ashbyhq.com.