Junior QA Engineer
A little bit about us:
We are Belvo, a financial API platform for Latin America that enables any company or developer to access and interpret their end-users’ financial information. We are turning the rich and diverse Latin American financial ecosystem into a set of developer-friendly tools and APIs.
We’re a highly-technical, passionate and driven team. We are currently 70 people, projected to be 100+ by the end of 2021. We have offices in Barcelona, Mexico City, and São Paulo and a large portion of us work remotely.
We are tackling a very challenging problem: connecting fintech innovators with legacy financial infrastructure. We strive to go beyond the limits of what is possible today and to do so in an elegant and developer-first way.
You can read more about us and why we’re doing what we’re doing here and here.
About the team:
We work in cross-functional, autonomous teams. We follow continuous delivery best practices executed on top of a modern technology stack.
Our products are built for developers, by developers. Technological excellence is at the heart of what we do.
We are pragmatic and customer focused. We strive to find the right set of trade-offs in order to validate our hypothesis as early as possible, iterating on our products based on customer feedback.
We communicate transparently. We do weekly all hands where we get together to discuss company performance and goals.
We are a flexible international team focused on creating cool stuff. Some of us prefer to work together in one of our offices and others prefer remote. For us there’s no difference as long as you have an excellent internet connection and are able to overlap with the team between 3pm and 6pm, CEST timezone.
Also we are backed by some of the leading investors in Silicon Valley and Latin America, including Founders Fund, Kaszek Ventures and YCombinator
We are seeking an enthusiastic junior QA engineer to join our team, willing to help us solve challenging problems and grow professionally along the way.
Nor quality assurance or quality assistance. We have our own approach. We focus on adding value to the rest of the teams. We do not just write tests or define test cases, because our focus is also on facilitating tools and processes to boost productivity. There is an actual testing culture across the team too. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving and building quality products is essential.
We are a developer-oriented, API-first company. QA at Belvo will entail working with APIs, SDKs, libraries and other infrastructure and integration-oriented software.
- Create comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Conduct manual tests when necessary
- Collaborate with other teams to improve quality across the company
- Design and develop automation scripts
- Design and build end-to-end solutions, to automate testing of complex systems
- Define and track quality assurance metrics
- Bring fresh ideas to the team and analyze new testing tools, trends and methodologies to improve existing ones
- Spread testing and QA best practices across the company
You can be part of the gang if:
- Have 1+ years relevant QA experience
- You have experience in automation testing
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with at least one programming language
- Hands-on experience with software testing methods like end-to-end, regression, integration, and exploratory
- You have a technical background in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of software quality principles and agile development practises
- Familiar with RESTful APIs
- You are familiar with the use of modern source control, CI/CD and Docker
- Team spirit, strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Detail-oriented, getting things done mindset
- A endless desire to grow, learn, and enjoy
- Previous experience in FinTech or Financial Services
Our tech stack:
We’re building our platform using modern technologies, putting the focus on reliability and long-term maintainability
We primarily use Python on the backend. We use battle-tested technologies such as Django, and we are heavy users of Python’s asyncio for some parts of our stack
We run our infrastructure on top of Amazon Web Services, leveraging managed services. We tend to favor the use of managed services wherever possible, in order to focus on our business problems
We observe and monitor our services using Datadog
We follow Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery best practices
🚀 Stock options (we are all owners and this is very important to us)
🔆 Flexible working hours
🔝 Remote friendly
🐶 Pet friendly
🎊 Paid time off on your birthday
🍒 Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
🍻 Friday happy hours after our weekly team meetings
🙋 Training Budget
😎 Team building events
🙀 Bank holidays swap inside the same month
🔋 Fitness/ wellness stipends
🚀 Yearly offsite
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ashbyhq.com.