MBA Summer Associate
A little bit about us:
We are Belvo, a financial API platform for Latam that enables any company or developer to access and interpret their end-users’ financial information, through one easy-to-use API.
We’re a highly-technical, passionate and driven team based in Barcelona and Mexico City that is tackling a very challenging problem: connecting fintech innovators with legacy financial infrastructure. We strive to go beyond the limits of what is possible today and to do so in an elegant and developer-first way.
You can read more about us and why we’re doing what we’re doing here and here.
About the team:
- We work in multi-functional squads with 1-week sprints. We do weekly planning on Mondays, stand-ups everyday and all-hands meetings on Fridays
- We are a flexible international team focused on creating cool stuff. Some of us prefer to work together in our Barcelona or Mexico City offices and others prefer remote. For us there’s no difference as long as you have an excellent internet connection
- We are not fans of legacy code, so we try to be as clean as possible creating everything from scratch
- After having built many products in the past, we started Belvo using microservices and a scalable infrastructure from day 1 to allow for faster development
- Also we are backed by some of the leading investors in Silicon Valley and Latin America, including Founders Fund, Kaszek Ventures and YCombinator
- Support Belvo in its growth and development by owning key strategic initiatives across various parts of the organization – expansion, strategy, operations, finance, etc.
- Lead special cross-functional projects end-to-end from initial strategy design to complete execution and ongoing monitoring and improvement
- Conduct detailed research and analysis on variety of segments to support Belvo’s expansion
- Explore new business opportunities with strategic partners
- Getting things done and hustle. You will be pragmatic, act fast and wear many different hats and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- This is a role with the opportunity for a lot of growth and a potential full-time role – you must be passionate about seeking to learn and grow with the company
You can be part of the gang if:
- Currently enrolled in a top-tier MBA program
- 3+ years of experience in investment banking, management consulting or similar.
- Complementary prior work in Tech or Fintech will be a big plus
- Full-time work experience working in Latin America
- You have experience in establishing and delivering KPIs and have a demonstrable track record of professional success
- You are logical, data driven, analytical and have experience solving complex problems in elegant and efficient ways
- You are adaptable, enjoy fast-paced environments and thrive when you have to multitask under tight deadlines
- Open to learn and are interested in understanding and deepening your knowledge of Finance, Fintech and Technology in Latin America
- You approach new topics and challenges independently and proactively
- Extremely high attention to detail and methodical in how you work
- International experience and thrive in a multicultural environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent spoken and written English and Spanish or Portuguese
- Familiarity with Open Banking and PSD2 regulation in Europe
- Fluency in another language (Spanish or Portuguese)
🚀 Stock options (we are all owners and this is very important to us)
🔆 Flexible working hours
🔝 Remote friendly
🐶 Pet friendly
🍎 Meals, transport, and kindergarten via flexible compensation scheme
🎊 Paid time off on your birthday
🍒 Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
🍻 Friday happy hours after our weekly team meetings
🙋 Training Budget
😎 Team building events
🙀 Bank holidays swap inside the same month
🔋 Fitness/ wellness stipends
🚀 Yearly offsite
To apply for this job please visit recruiterflow.com.