Public Policy Lead
A little bit about us:
We are Belvo, a financial API platform with the bold vision of democratizing access to financial services in Latin America. We enable any company or developer to access and interpret their end-users’ financial information. We are turning the rich and diverse Latin American financial ecosystem into a set of developer-friendly tools and APIs.
We’re a highly-technical, passionate, and driven team. We are more than 100 people, our team currently represents 26 nationalities and we have offices in Barcelona, Mexico City, and São Paulo – while a large portion of us works remotely.
We are tackling a very stimulating problem: connecting fintech innovators with legacy financial infrastructure. We strive to go beyond the limits of what is possible today and to do so in an elegant and developer-first way.
Since starting our adventure in May 2019, we have raised $56m from the leading VC investors globally.
Also, head to our blog for more news about our growth and how we have fun together.
About the team:
We work in cross-functional, autonomous teams. We follow continuous delivery best practices executed on top of a modern technology stack.
Our products are built for developers, by developers. Technological excellence is at the heart of what we do.
We are pragmatic and customer-focused. We strive to find the right set of trade-offs in order to validate our hypothesis as early as possible, iterating on our products based on customer feedback.
We communicate transparently. We do weekly all-hands where we get together to discuss company performance and goals.
We are a flexible international team focused on creating cool stuff. Some of us prefer to work together in one of our offices and others prefer remote. For us, there’s no difference as long as you have an excellent internet connection and are able to overlap with the team between 3 pm and 6 pm, CEST timezone.
Also, we are backed by some of the leading investors in Silicon Valley and Latin America, including Founders Fund, Kaszek Ventures, and YCombinator.
As part of the strategy team in Mexico, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Stay up to date with new policies and regulations related to Belvo’s business and provide internal advice for new policies and advocate externally for new business opportunities or improvements and/or risk mitigation related to Open Finance.
- Engage with local governmental entities like CNBV, Banco de México, CONAMER, Secretaría de Economía amongst other relevant federal/regional bodies. Map all main stakeholders in order to establish a long-standing partnership with them.
- Influence the interest of Belvo’s ecosystem of clients and partners throughout the regulators.
- Position Belvo as the thought leader on Open Finance, Data Privacy and Data advocate in general towards the Mexican government.
- Collaborate across teams in order to be the main driver of information between new upcoming regulations and Belvo.
- Make sure that all new product developments are fully compliant.
Collaborate with our Bank Partnerships team in order to establish stronger connections with main bank stakeholders.
This position may be for you if:
- Has relevant experience engaging with the government and holds a network of relevant contacts at the main federal/regional governmental entities related to Belvo’s business (CNBV, Banco de México, CONAMER, Secretaría de Economía, amongst others).
- Has great relationship building skills.
- Manages to establish successful partnerships in complex situations.
- Loves and gets passionate about product & tech.
- Has previously worked at a fast-growing tech company with innovative solutions.
- You have experience with Open Banking / Open Insurance.
- Also got experience working with international government bodies (WorldBank, IFC, etc.).
🚀 Stock options (we are all owners and this is very important to us)
📈 Annual company bonus
🔆 Flexible working hours
🔝 Remote friendly
🐶 Pet friendly
🧘🏾♀️ Access to mental health service
👩🏻⚕️ Health Insurance
🎊 Paid time off on your birthday
🌎 Work from any office twice per year
💻 Renew your laptop every 2 years
🙋 Training Budget
😎 Team building events
🙀 Bank holidays swap inside the same month
🔋 Fitness/ wellness stipends
🚀 Yearly offsite
🍒 Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
🏝 1 week off on your 2-year anniversary