A little bit about us:
We are Belvo, a financial API platform with the bold vision of democratizing access to financial services in Latin America. We enable any company or developer to access and interpret their end-users’ financial information. We are turning the rich and diverse Latin American financial ecosystem into a set of developer-friendly tools and APIs.
We’re a highly-technical, passionate and driven team. We are currently 70 people, projected to be 100+ by the end of 2021. Our team currently represents 15 nationalities and we have offices in Barcelona, Mexico City, and São Paulo – while a large portion of us works remotely.
We are tackling a very challenging problem: connecting fintech innovators with legacy financial infrastructure. We strive to go beyond the limits of what is possible today and to do so in an elegant and developer-first way.
Since starting our adventure in May 2019, we have raised $56m from the leading VC investors globally.
You can read more about us and why we’re doing what we’re doing here and here.
About the team:
We work in cross-functional, autonomous teams. We follow continuous delivery best practices executed on top of a modern technology stack.
Our products are built for developers, by developers. Technological excellence is at the heart of what we do.
We are pragmatic and customer-focused. We strive to find the right set of trade-offs in order to validate our hypothesis as early as possible, iterating on our products based on customer feedback.
We communicate transparently. We do weekly all-hands where we get together to discuss company performance and goals.
We are a flexible international team focused on creating cool stuff. Some of us prefer to work together in one of our offices and others prefer remote. For us, there’s no difference as long as you have an excellent internet connection and are able to overlap with the team between 3 pm and 6 pm, CEST timezone.
Also, we are backed by some of the leading investors in Silicon Valley and Latin America, including Founders Fund, Kaszek Ventures, and YCombinator.
Belvo is using advanced techniques to access previously inaccessible financial data. We use a set of approaches, among which the analysis of consumer Android applications to infer implicit network APIs and endpoints.
The right candidate will need to be very familiar with how Android Apps work behind the scenes, the Android runtime, and techniques such as decompilation, deobfuscation and network traffic analysis. Cryptographic knowledge (PKI, Symmetric and Asymmetric encryption, certificates handling) will also be highly valuable.
- Studying Apps you don’t have the source code for using tools like apktool, androguard, dextra, etc.
Android Apps hooking and instrumentation (using tools such as Xposed or Frida).
- Dropping to kernel-level when needed, to apply patches and add instrumentation. Ability to build own kernel if necessary.
- Source code decompilation & deobfuscation.
- Network traffic analysis between Android applications and third-party network endpoints.
- Inferring behaviours and building proofs of concept to replicate application behaviour in other environments.
- Thinking outside the box applying strong lateral thinking. Solving problems that have no direct or obvious solution.
- Being perseverant and don’t giving up in the face of difficulty. We can’t always have a “plan b” (although we try to).
- No computer/information security experience required – we are more interested in software engineering backgrounds.
This position may be for you if:
- Track record of past successes in reverse engineering Android applications
- Strong experience with Android internals and network protocols
- Willingness to solve challenging problems
- iOS experience
Our tech stack:
We’re building our platform using modern technologies, putting the focus on reliability and long-term maintainability
We primarily use Python on the backend. We use battle-tested technologies such as Django, and we are heavy users of Python’s asyncio for some parts of our stack
We run our infrastructure on top of Amazon Web Services, leveraging managed services. We tend to favor the use of managed services wherever possible, in order to focus on our business problems
We observe and monitor our services using Datadog
We follow Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery best practices
🚀 Stock options (we are all owners and this is very important to us)
🔆 Flexible working hours
🔝 Remote friendly
🐶 Pet friendly
🧘🏾♀️ Access to mental health service
👩🏻⚕️ Health Insurance
🎊 Paid time off on your birthday
🌎 Work from any office twice per year
💻 Renew your laptop every 2 years
🙋 Training Budget
😎 Team building events
🙀 Bank holidays swap inside the same month
🔋 Fitness/ wellness stipends
🚀 Yearly offsite
🍒 Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
🍻 Friday happy hours after our weekly team meetings
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ashbyhq.com.