Senior Security Engineer
A little bit about us:
We are Belvo, a financial API platform with the bold vision of democratizing access to financial services in Latin America. We enable any company or developer to access and interpret their end-users’ financial information. We are turning the rich and diverse Latin American financial ecosystem into a set of developer-friendly tools and APIs.
We’re a highly-technical, passionate and driven team. We are currently 70 people, projected to be 100+ by the end of 2021. Our team currently represents 15 nationalities and we have offices in Barcelona, Mexico City, and São Paulo – while a large portion of us works remotely.
We are tackling a very challenging problem: connecting fintech innovators with legacy financial infrastructure. We strive to go beyond the limits of what is possible today and to do so in an elegant and developer-first way.
Since starting our adventure in May 2019, we have raised $56m from the leading VC investors globally.
About the team:
We work in cross-functional, autonomous teams. We follow continuous delivery best practices executed on top of a modern technology stack.
Our products are built for developers, by developers. Technological excellence is at the heart of what we do.
We are pragmatic and customer-focused. We strive to find the right set of trade-offs in order to validate our hypothesis as early as possible, iterating on our products based on customer feedback.
We communicate transparently. We do weekly all-hands where we get together to discuss company performance and goals.
We are a flexible international team focused on creating cool stuff. Some of us prefer to work together in one of our offices and others prefer remote. For us, there’s no difference as long as you have an excellent internet connection and are able to overlap with the team between 3 pm and 6 pm, CEST timezone.
Also, we are backed by some of the leading investors in Silicon Valley and Latin America, including Founders Fund, Kaszek Ventures, and YCombinator.
The infrastructure & security team is responsible for all aspects of information security at Belvo. We focus on application and infrastructure security, policy, compliance, internal awareness & training.
Our customers rely on us to run their financial operations. We hold ourselves to a higher standard when it comes to protecting their data and operations.
- Proactively tackle infrastructure and application changes to improve our security posture
- Assess, research, and discover security threats
- Collaborate on the implementation of compliance and regulatory projects such as ISO-27001, SOC-2, PCI-DSS.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to prioritize roadmap items to balance security and business risks
- Act as a subject matter expert on Infosec for the teams you collaborate with
- Foster a culture that sees security as the most important product feature
This position may be for you if:
- 5+ years of experience in the information security field
- Deep technical understanding of common security vulnerabilities and risks, as well as countermeasures and compensating controls
- Natural leadership instincts with proven ability to innovate
- Strong knowledge of application security best practices.
- Demonstrable experience in security systems, Firewalls, IDS, WAF authentication, audit,
- Track record of running highly secure production systems
- Willingness to solve challenging problems
- Fintech and SaaS past experience
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Python
- Experience building large-scale platforms with a global reach
Our tech stack:
We’re building our platform using modern technologies, putting the focus on reliability and long-term maintainability
We primarily use Python on the backend. We use battle-tested technologies such as Django, and we are heavy users of Python’s asyncio for some parts of our stack
We run our infrastructure on top of Amazon Web Services, leveraging managed services. We tend to favor the use of managed services wherever possible, in order to focus on our business problems
We observe and monitor our services using Datadog
We follow Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery best practices
🚀 Stock options (we are all owners and this is very important to us)
🔆 Flexible working hours
🔝 Remote friendly
🐶 Pet friendly
🧘🏾♀️ Access to mental health service
👩🏻⚕️ Health Insurance
🎊 Paid time off on your birthday
🌎 Work from any office twice per year
💻 Renew your laptop every 2 years
🙋 Training Budget
😎 Team building events
🙀 Bank holidays swap inside the same month
🔋 Fitness/ wellness stipends
🚀 Yearly offsite
🍒 Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
🍻 Friday happy hours after our weekly team meetings
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ashbyhq.com.