Mexico Payments Strategy Manager
A little bit about us:
We are Belvo, a financial API platform with the bold vision of democratizing access to financial services in Latin America. We enable any company or developer to access and interpret their end-users’ financial information. We are turning the rich and diverse Latin American financial ecosystem into a set of developer-friendly tools and APIs.
We’re a highly-technical, passionate and driven team. We are more than 100 people, our team currently represents 22 nationalities and we have offices in Barcelona, Mexico City, and São Paulo – while a large portion of us works remotely.
We are tackling a very challenging problem: connecting fintech innovators with legacy financial infrastructure. We strive to go beyond the limits of what is possible today and to do so in an elegant and developer-first way.
Since starting our adventure in May 2019, we have raised $56m from the leading VC investors globally.
About the team:
We work in cross-functional, autonomous teams. We follow continuous delivery best practices executed on top of a modern technology stack.
Our products are built for developers, by developers. Technological excellence is at the heart of what we do.
We are pragmatic and customer-focused. We strive to find the right set of trade-offs in order to validate our hypothesis as early as possible, iterating on our products based on customer feedback.
We communicate transparently. We do weekly all-hands where we get together to discuss company performance and goals.
We are a flexible international team focused on creating cool stuff. Some of us prefer to work together in one of our offices and others prefer remote. For us, there’s no difference as long as you have an excellent internet connection and are able to overlap with the team between 3 pm and 6 pm, CEST timezone.
Also, we are backed by some of the leading investors in Silicon Valley and Latin America, including Founders Fund, Kaszek Ventures, and YCombinator.
The payment squad will be in charge of defining and building from scratch our payment solution for Latin America, focusing first in Brazil, Mexico and Colombia as a third priority
We will leverage our existing bank connections along with new partnerships/integrations to provide the best payment solution to Latam fintechs.
As a Mexico Payments Manager of this strategic area, you will:
- Work closely with customers, business development, legal and regulation to understand the top unsolved problems regarding existing payment solutions in Latam
- Understand deeply how payment solutions are working along with regulations in Mexico. Become the “go-to” person in Belvo regarding the payment area in Mexico
- Land partnerships with banks or other providers to enable connections to specific payments rails
- Structure problems, identify opportunities, define the strategy and vision for our payment solution at Belvo
- Build in a lean and iterative way, quickly validate your assumptions and ship fast/often
- Partner with Product, Engineering and Design to define specs, requirements, and acceptance criteria for deliverables
- Partner with all stakeholders to make each product release a big success
- Set the metrics to measure success of our payment solution
This position may be for you if:
- 5+ years of experience as Fintech, B2B SaaS or developer-tool type software products
- Experience dealing with payment solutions in Mexico (payment rails, payment API, payment gateway, card processor, …)
- Deep connection about the payment rails in Mexico: SPEI, DOMI, CoDi, etc
- Market knowledge and understanding of who the main players in the ecosystem are
- Experience in fast-paced or startup environment working with Agile methodologies
- Experience building payment products by collaborating across product, engineering, sales, marketing, design and other key stakeholders
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills, including data analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for articulating customer challenges
- Excellent spoken and written English
- You have experience working with remote teams
- You’ve launched your own startup
- You have worked implementing the connection of a fintech to payment rails in Mexico
🚀 Stock options (we are all owners and this is very important to us)
🔆 Flexible working hours
🔝 Remote friendly
🐶 Pet friendly
🧘🏾♀️ Access to mental health service
👩🏻⚕️ Health Insurance
🎊 Paid time off on your birthday
🌎 Work from any office twice per year
💻 Renew your laptop every 2 years
🙋 Training Budget
😎 Team building events
🙀 Bank holidays swap inside the same month
🔋 Fitness/ wellness stipends
🚀 Yearly offsite
🍒 Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
🍻 Friday happy hours after our weekly team meetings
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ashbyhq.com.