Senior Product Designer
This is role has a Growth emphasis and would be working on the direct to consumer team.
Bestow is looking for a driven, entrepreneurial-minded digital product leader who is ready to make a big impact at one of the fastest-growing tech startups in Texas. As a Senior Product Designer, you are an empathetic, data-informed “solutioneer.” You think through worst-case-scenarios and look beyond the four walls of Bestow and life insurance to solve them. You are successful at your job when you are consistently exploring new ways to optimize and endear ourselves to users, and have the results to show for it.
Aspects of the Role:
This position will be plugged into the Growth KPIs and looking for opportunities to impact business objectives while balancing the needs of users. You’ll champion the use of experiments and a experimentation mindset for improving the product. To do so, it’ll be vital to use quantitative and qualitative data to drive design decisions and pursue ways to gather more evidence as needed. On the daily, you’ll be crafting hypotheses, designing and running experiments, and interpreting those results.
To be successful at Bestow, you should be able to solve complex, often ambiguous product problems at all phases of the product development lifecycle, including research to validation, to implementation of your solution for development.
Your ability to translate data, insights and user research into tangible solutions is key to doing your job as a Senior Product Designer.
Validation of Features and Requests.
You’ll work closely with your Product Manager and Design Lead to vet the priority and usefulness of feature requests. Once a request is prioritized you’ll design and test your proposed solution through data and user testing.
Produce Design Deliverables.
Our product designers create high-quality artifacts at every phase of the design process. These include wireframes, high-fidelity visual designs, clickable prototypes, and robust design documentation. As Senior Product Designer, you’ll be expected to ensure the quality of your work and help others do the same.
What You’ll Need:
- 4+ years of industry experience in digital product design
- Passion for user-focused design
- Strong visual and interaction design abilities and a portfolio that shows it
- A sense of deep empathy for user problems to create elegant but practical solutions
- Experience working in an agile environment as well as familiarity with Lean UX and utilizing design research
- Initiative in identifying issues and willingness to act on those opportunities
- Effective written, verbal, and presentational communication skills
- Ability to collaborate across disciplines to drive change
- Ability to manage and work on multiple projects concurrently
- Fluent in modern design software such as Sketch, Abstract, and Figma
- Able to create robust, testable prototypes with tools such as Protopie, Axure, and/or Framer X
- Diligent file organization and management
Nice to Haves:
- A degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)/Product Design/Human Factors/Design or related field
- Experience building, using and maintaining a design system
What We Can Offer to You:
- Great compensation package
- Flexible schedule and work/life balance
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Snacks and weekly team lunches and zoom gatherings
- First-hand experience in a high-growth startup
- Team building activities
We value diversity at Bestow. We hire, recruit, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. We understand the importance of creating a safe and comfortable work environment and encourage individualism and authenticity in every member of our team. Bestow does not sponsor applicants for work visas at this time.
Who We Are
Bestow is the first full-stack life insurance company, using technology to make coverage accessible to millions of underserved families. With Bestow, buying life insurance can take as little as five minutes and is 100% digital — No doctors. No needles. Just coverage. As an omnichannel software provider, Bestow powers best-in-class life insurance products and experiences for leading consumer brands.
Founded in 2016, Bestow is reimagining the 400-year-old, $7 trillion life insurance industry to democratize access to valuable financial products. We are backed by leading investors and partners including Valar Ventures, NEA, 8VCd, Sammons Financial Group and MunichRe.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org