Site Reliability Engineer
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will automate cloud resources, implement developer tooling, and make changes to our products to increase their manageability.You should be able to define the technical design and implement work independently.
You should have prior experience with systems administration and cloud service automation.
Bestow engineers are great teammates. You will be spending half of your time embedded with a product team. We do this so that you can get to know the specific needs of our product teams and ensure we build useful tooling. The remainder of your time will be spent with other Site Reliability Engineers working on cross-cutting projects. As such, you have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Your Day to Day:
Do you want to build products to reinvent a centuries-old industry? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Challenges on which you can expect to work:
Cloud Infrastructure Projects
We believe that all cloud infrastructure should be treated as code. Modifications go through code review and are executed via CI tools.
Automate cloud infrastructure via tools like Terraform.
Administer our software platform including Kubernetes, Terraform Enterprise, ArgoCD, CircleCI, HashiCorp Vault, and PostgreSQL.
Evaluate, design, and implement solutions for continuous integration, continuous delivery, and DevOps productivity.
Ensure Reliability of Our Software
Great software is more than product features. It simultaneously considers non-functional concerns like security, maintainability, and extensibility. You are responsible for ensuring:
Collaborate with product engineers to identify observability/configurability gaps and make code-level improvements
Creating the tooling to improve the developer experience, enabling them to deliver business value faster and more effectively
Manage runbooks for incident response
Measure operational performance and make gradual improvements.
Open to Austin, TX, Dallas, TX or Remote (US) #LI-Remote
A Little About You:
- 2+ years of site reliability, systems administration, or DevOps experience.
Professional experience with container orchestration systems (Kubernetes, Swarm, Rancher, GKE, Docker, etc.).
- Professional experience with a cloud hosting platform (GCP preferred).
- Professional experience with Terraform Atlantis experience a plus.
- Professional experience administering a CI/CD platform GitOps experience is a plus.
Experience with Python 3 and Golang.
- Proficient in a scripting language such as Bash and/or Python.
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication.
- You thrive in highly independent work culture and are capable of working autonomously.
- You have the initiative and motivation to make things happen.
- You always want to sit next to the person who is smarter than you because you value a culture of mentorship and learning.
- You are egoless, hold yourself accountable and you have a thoughtful approach to adopting new technology.
- You are looking to bring your voice and talent to a mission-driven company in ways that help it to grow and expand its reach.
Competitive salary plus stock options
Flexible schedule and work/life balance
100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
Office snacks and weekly team lunches
Team building events and activities
We value diversity at Bestow. We hire, recruit, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. We understand the importance of creating a safe and comfortable work environment and encourage individualism and authenticity in every member of our team.
Bestow does not sponsor applicants for work visas at this time.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.