Director of Experience Design
Bounteous is looking for a Director of Experience Design to join our fast-growing design practice. This role is ideal for a dynamic and impassioned Experience Design veteran focused on furthering sound Experience Design principles in a fast-paced dynamic environment. The ideal director is a naturally engaging storyteller and mentor who enjoys collaborating with cross-disciplinary teams to collectively deliver incredible, user-centered, award-winning experiences.
Role and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the establishment of Experience Design standards, deliverables and methodologies within the organization.
- Deft familiarity and expertise in Experience Design activities and deliverables including sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, personas, experience strategy documentation, and process flows.
- Act as a leader and mentor in project work: create high-quality deliverables, facilitate client discussions and content workshops, lead critiques, and coach fellow experience designers.
- Direct and conduct and user research activities such as user testing, persona development, and user journeys.
- Occasionally support business development through estimation, solutioning, and high-level staffing plans.
- Support project managers to schedule experience design and research activities and deliverables within a project.
- Collaborate within multi-disciplinary teams to create innovative, best-in-class, customer-centric solutions.
- Ability to balance several initiatives simultaneously.
- Occasionally support business development through estimation, solutioning, and high level staffing plans.
- Coach and mentor staff to guide personal and professional growth.
- Work with senior XD leadership to lead, develop, and grow the Experience Design team.
- Stay informed of Experience Design best practices, trends, tools, and participate in the local Experience Design community.
- Contribute to our culture and atmosphere, quality of work, and growth into the next generation of user experience designers.
- At least 6 years of experience as a UX professional
- BS/BA in Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years experience mentoring and managing a team of direct reports
- Experience presenting work to clients, facilitating and leading workshops, and synthesizing data into actionable projects across programs
- Experience connecting Experience Design work to user, business, and brand value
- Ability to lead engagements to provide a strong voice for Experience Design within blended teams
- Experience in leading user research and testing, including planning, creation and moderation
- Strong background in human factors, information architecture, and user-centered design methodology
- Ability to lead and create Experience Design deliverables and activities with no oversight
- Understanding of responsive design, mobile design, accessibility issues, and Agile methodology
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Experience in estimating, planning, and staffing project work
- Consulting/Agency experience is a plus
- In depth knowledge of design and presentation software, specifically: Sketch, InVision, Miro, remote user testing tools, Adobe Suite, and Microsoft Office products
- Expert knowledge of PowerPoint, Keynote, or similar presentation tools
- Excellent communicator with all levels of leadership, management, and staff to achieve desired outcomes and build strong alliances and relationships
- Superior presentation skills, with a flexible ability to deliver key messages through stories and writing in multiple contexts
- Excellent listener and writer with a passion for Experience Design
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.