We have openings for this position in San Francisco CA and Santa Monica CA.
Carbon Five is a digital product development consultancy. We partner with our clients to create exceptional products and grow effective teams in a healthy, sustainable way.
Over the last 20 years, we have learned a lot about what it takes to do this successfully, and in the process, we have created some of the most highly-valued digital platforms, mobile apps, websites, and more.
We offer great benefits, reasonable work hours, and intriguing projects in a welcoming work environment where employees feel safe, have fun, and learn every day.
Working at Carbon Five
At Carbon Five, you will work on a single cross-disciplinary product development team—engineers, designers, and product managers—working full-time, side-by-side with one of our clients. Together, you will learn the problems they want to solve, get to know the people who are experiencing them, and design potential solutions. You will iteratively develop and release working software using established agile development practices like experiment-driven design, test-driven development, small and frequent releases, and continuous integration and deployment.
- Collaborate with client, developers and designers to define a feasible product that will support the vision, strategy and goals and translate into actionable stories
- Help define project milestones and keep the team on track while maintaining an open path for extensibility and disruption
- Actively create conditions for team success
- Wrangle stakeholders as needed
- Assist with the identification/refinement of product metrics
- Plan kickoffs and facilitate collaboration exercises
- Introduce and/or co-lead an Agile (XP) process
- Identify and communicate project risks and plan mitigations with the team
- Communicate and share out aspects of the process
- Be an effective teacher of process change
- Participate in early stage business development discussions and help educate prospects on modern software delivery
- Work with team to scope projects and estimate team size and budget
- 4–6 years in a Product Management or related role, preferably in a fast-paced, continuous delivery environment
- Experience working in tight collaboration with design and engineering
- Results oriented — no task is too big or too small
- B2B and B2C product exposure — or ability to navigate the differences between the two
- Solid communication skills
- Systems thinker with experience in project management, user research, business development, and data analysis
- Have strong communication and collaboration skills, including the ability to receive and deliver constructive feedback
- Ability to think on the fly, tolerate ambiguity, suggest solutions for problems found, and demonstrate good judgment
- Ability to stay composed, constructively communicate, and effectively collaborate with clients and teammates when opinions differ
Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Projects with our clients last roughly 4-6 months, exposing our engineers, designers, and product managers to a wide variety of industry domains, product challenges, team compositions, and technical constraints in a relatively short amount of time. This way of working provides you as a practitioner with a rich environment for developing and expanding your skillset and growing your professional network.
- You will be given an annual professional development budget of $2,000 to attend conferences, complete certifications, and enroll in classes or other training.
- Health insurance. We pay the FULL premium for you, your spouse, and your kids.
- Vision insurance. We pay the FULL premium for you, your spouse, and your kids.
- Dental reimbursement. $2,500 – 5,000/ year of reimbursement for you, your spouse, and your kids.
- Life Insurance. $150,000 supplemental policy. We pay the FULL premium.
- Paid Time Off. More than 5 weeks of paid time off every year
- 7 public holidays: MLK Jr. Day, Presidents’ Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, and two days for Thanksgiving.
- Annual Winter Break, from Christmas Eve to New Year’s Day.
- 15 days of accrued vacation time, increasing to 20 days after two years of employment
- Paid Sick Leave. 9 days available each calendar year for physical and mental health needs
- Benefits For Parents.
- Paid parental leave (equivalent maternity and paternity policies). One (1) week of leave at 100% of your salary, followed by 6 weeks of about half of your salary. When combined with state benefits where applicable, this amounts to full pay for about 7 weeks.
- We pay 100% of the health and vision premiums for your children.
- Your dental reimbursement covers your children’s expenses.
- Family-friendly company events.
- Unpaid Leave. After two years of employment, employees can take up to 3 months per year of unpaid leave.
- Profit-Sharing. 3-4% annual bonus, paid as an employer contribution to your 401(k)
- 401(k) program with a variety of low-fee funds
- Commuter benefits. The ability to purchase fares on public transportation and other qualified transit agencies using your pre-tax income.
- Recruiting bonuses. Up to $12,500 bonus for hired leads.
- Sales referral bonus. $2,000 bonus for successful leads.
An Inclusive, Sustainable, and Learning Culture
- We check our ego at the door. As experienced practitioners, we understand that success is a team sport. We hire smart people who enjoy doing great work with others and who enjoy celebrating each others’ wins along the way. Teams solve problems and are given the support to do so without micro-management. We know every project is different, and only a dynamic team can deliver the quality and productivity that goes along with the name.
- Your nights and weekends are yours. You should have a life outside of the office, and being well-rested is essential to doing good work. We work sane hours because we want you to come in each day fresh and enthusiastic, ready to build great products with a clear mind.
- We don’t do trust falls. We genuinely like the people we work with and find that building strong relationships focused on trust occurs organically because we hire good people. We don’t have Forced Company Fun™, but we do enjoy getting together for (virtual) happy hours, tea time, holiday celebrations, and more. We look forward to attending more baseball games, gallery openings, boba tea outings, and playing tabletop games in-person again when it’s safe to do so!
- We want you to be yourself. Folks at Carbon Five are skilled in many things. We’re rock climbers, musicians, parents, coffee critics, and much more. Part of working with us is celebrating your passions while discovering and sharing one another’s. Check out some of the things that we’re passionate about.
- We’re here for you. As we look into the future, we’ll continue to grow in whatever ways make our employees and clients happy. There is no exit plan or 10-year strategy; we’re simply in the business of building a great place to work, where employees feel safe, have fun, and learn every day.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.