Associate Site Reliability Engineer
Website Charles Schwab
As an Associate Site Reliability Engineer, you’ll be part of a dynamic group who are dedicated to creating solutions that will achieve highly available and resilient applications. You will collaborate with business partners and application development teams in constructing application and platform monitoring solutions, respond to incidents and identify opportunities for improvements through automation.
What you’ll do:
- You will balance solving problems, engineering solutions, and coding/scripting to your benefit, that of your team, or our applications.
- Work to prevent problems by improving observability, monitoring solutions, metrics and system design.
- Collaborate with business and technical partners to identify an issues root cause, resolution prioritization, and quality improvement opportunities.
- Coordinate maintenance activities, such as Stress Tests, Disaster Recovery tests, Certificate Renewals.
- Participate in an oncall rotation.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We’re proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference, through the remainder of 2021.*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
- You enjoy problem solving
- You have a hunger for knowledge
- You work well with others
- You are a good communicator
This full time role is a part of the nine-month NERD (New Employee Recruitment and Development) program that blends on-the-job experience with an extensive training curriculum that covers tools, technologies, processes and soft skills required to be successful in Schwab Technology Services for new college graduates. NERDs have a host manager, a mentor, a buddy, a coach, and others who are dedicated to their success.
What you will get out of the program:
- A full time Associate Reliability Engineering position with benefits, paid time off, and all of the other perks of being a Schwabbie!
- Professional Growth – Technical and soft skills curriculum designed to accelerate your career.
- Hands-on Experience – Cross-functional experience and skills gained from on-the-job assignments.
- Knowledge Sharing – Opportunity to share and present ideas around innovation.
- Presentation Opportunities – Strengthen existing presentation and communication skills.
- Individual Coaching – One-on-one coaching and real-time development from host team.
- Exposure to Leadership – Experiences with leaders across Schwab Technology Services.
- Peer-to-peer interaction – Share ideas and experiences and as you grow alongside a cohort of peers.
What you have
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline with a graduation date of May 2022 or earlier.
- Ability to start full time with the program on June 13th, 2022
- A high level of customer service skills to establish and enhance positive relationships with coworkers and business partners. Must demonstrate strong problem solving skills and the willingness to learn new technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with Windows 2012/2016 operating systems, SQL, IIS. General knowledge of Windows infrastructure, Active Directory, Powershell and Server administration. Scripting experience (strongly desired)
- Experience supporting a multi domain web platform, IIS, .NET applications.
- Experience with a software development IDE such as Visual Studio
- Knowledge of Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture (and the emerging MVVM)
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum development
- Conceptual understanding and/or working knowledge of Web Content Management Systems are a plus
- Experience using Splunk Enterprise, monitoring and analyzing IT systems, website and application environments. Building operational and business metric dashboards and reports.
- Experience using Keynote and Gomez monitoring website performance and availability (Strongly desired)
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills. Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills Ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.
To apply for this job please visit career-schwab.icims.com.