Website Charles Schwab
Our Project Services organization supports Schwab business goals through the delivery of projects spanning technology, operations, business continuity, and offshore management. Our team collaborates across a matrixed organization to deliver business value through efficient, disciplined and predictable project execution of effective solutions to business problems and opportunities.
What you’re good at:
Project Managers are responsible for establishing and leading enterprise-wide, cross functional strategic initiatives. They lead a variety of different types of projects including launching new products and services, large-scale application development, systems integration, operational efficiency improvements, process reengineering, and infrastructure upgrades and deployments.
- Accountable for defining, planning, orchestrating, and delivering a given strategic initiative including business, operational, and information technology deliverables
- Ensures end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit
- Directs large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external constituents and partners
- Directly manages all aspects of the project life cycle and oversees all phases of a project
- Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed upon time, cost, and quality parameters
- Validates financial forecasts, cost assumptions, and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
- Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
- Partners with Product Owners and Scrum Masters to track Agile development milestones and support Agile practices as needed.
What you have:
Required minimum qualifications include:
- 8+ years of project management experience, managing multiple large, complex and cross functional projects, with emphasis on product development, systems, and technical environments
- Proven ability to quickly build relationships and earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders
- Mobilize and motivate teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management tools
- Experience with and understanding of various software development methodologies, including Agile/Scrum
- Ability to execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively
- Sound business and technical acumen
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbally
- Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure
- Demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering complex projects
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- BA/BS Degree strongly preferred and/or comparable work experience
In addition, ideal candidates will also have the following desired qualifications:
- PMP or PMI-ACP certification
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Knowledge of JIRA or Confluence
- Background in the financial services industry
Target Total Compensation – 121,000 – 242,000
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.
To apply for this job please visit career-schwab.icims.com.