Senior Manager, Front End Application Development
Website Charles Schwab
Workplace Flexibility Program: We’re proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
Schwab Wealth and Asset Management Engineering is a part of the Schwab Technology Services organization supporting Schwab’s money management, research and asset management platforms to help clients manage their wealth. Our team delivers and supports Investment research applications and products used by Schwab Representatives and our Clients as they plan for their financial futures and wealth management.
As a People Manager for SAMS Research Technology you will join the team as a hands-on technology manager managing a small team of full-time developers and contractors focused on our Angular based UI development initiatives including the backend for front end, data services implementation and framework enhancements needed to support the UI requirements. While the people manager is expected to focus on front end delivery, they may be asked to be involved in other full stack projects and key initiatives unrelated to front end development from time to time.
As a people manager leads the team by following the software development lifecycle including the coordination and communication across the business product areas. This includes developing and following right process and procedures, providing coaching and guidance to teams, managing individual and team performance.
The role requires hands-on development, building a client driven technology organization. The role entails full Agile and DevOps model in partnership of our business—actively working with Product Owners, End-Users, Partners—in managing requirements, design, coding, testing (unit and functional), deployment and post-release support.
What you are good at
- Hands-on People Manager focused on UI delivery initiatives and contribute to other assigned full stack efforts.
- Learn business domain and delve deep into requirements, identify solutions, drive UX design and establish UI feature execution plans.
- Lead team to consistently deliver to business and tech leadership expectations.
- Scale solutions to support multiple efforts, establish design patterns and UI components that can leveraged outside the team.
- Communicate strategic technology plans to associated business partners ensuring collaboration across technology and the business.
- Regularly interact with senior technology leaders, product owners and business partners.
- Lead team on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth knowledge of the applications and environment
Strive for ownership and quality deliverables with little supervision
- Lead/Participate in projects and manage staff in team to be setup for success.
- Be a mentor and positive role model to junior members of the team. Disciplined and ensure team are compliant with defined processes.
- Participate in ground up modernization projects to improve user experience and collaborate with the technical architects to develop modern technical architectures
- Lead or participate in developing proof of concepts
- Analyze business problems and processes, help refine requirements and design solutions for them.
- Drive continuous integration and deployment strategies leveraging tools like Jenkins/Bamboo with a DevOps philosophy
- Perform level three production support activities if the level one and level two teams are not able to resolve production issues
- Be a champion of new ways of collaborating with technology and business partners
- Search out and evangelize new and emerging technologies including open-source tools
- Influence and implement improvements and efficiencies in the technical aspects of the development process
- Ensure the highest quality software is developed, delivered and maintained
- Be a key leader in the agile process fostering collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and transparency
What you have
- 10+ years demonstrated hands-on real-world experience in enterprise application development with 4+ years’ experience managing user interface application development preferable in financial services applications development.
- Expertise with enterprise integration patterns. Can establish and lead application and platform architecture and designs and can effectively communicate complex architecture designs to others
- Ability to conceptualize the best tactical approach for a team to deliver a project while defining the target state evolution path
- Experience with Agile and being a part of a scrum team
- 2+ years demonstrated real world experience in software engineering principles, such as software design patterns
- 2+ years demonstrated real world experience in database principles, such as SQL, Oracle, MongoDB or Hadoop
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment and DevOps principles. Understanding of BDD and TDD styles
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values and procedures
- Experience managing and mentoring junior developers, prior people management experience.
- Experience building designs and reviewing them with architects
- Curiosity to understand and leverage new tools and technologies
- Strong desire to leverage technology to build products that “wow” users
- Excellent team player with the ability to influence and negotiate
- Self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- BS in computer science
Target Total Compensation: 121,000 – 242,000
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.
To apply for this job please visit career-schwab.icims.com.