Senior Software Engineer (Java)
Website Charles Schwab
Thematic Investing is a new product offering with high visibility at Schwab. It provides an innovative way for clients to research and invest, giving them a new, creative way to make their dollar work for them.
We are seeking an experienced developer to support API and frontend development for the client experience team.
This role requires an organized and experienced developer to make meaningful changes to both backend and frontend components. The ideal candidate knows how to optimize their solutions for performance and scalability.
The ideal candidate enjoys collaboration and turning ideas into action. A proven record of software delivery would be important, as we work to release on a monthly cadence. The ideal candidate enjoys coaching and mentoring individuals in their technical field, believes in the power of a high functioning team, and is a skilled communicator able to work with both technical and non-technical partners.
What you are good at
- Analyzing requirements from product, ensuring they are reasonable and completable
- Communicating technical solutions across teams and documenting them when applicable
- Working with UX and PO partners to ensure we are making the best choices for our clients
- Working with junior developers to help them grow technically and professionally
- Engaging the team with new ideas that lead to increased productivity and quality
- Tracking deliverables from other teams to ensure work is completed in a proper sequence
- Interacting with various levels of individual contributors and management to educate and influence
- Keeping current with tech trends to better identify the best tools for the job
- Identifying risks and proposing mitigations to keep applications healthy and secure
- Reviewing other team members work, offering suggestions and guidance to improve code quality and maintainability
- Utilizing development tools to complete work on a frequent, predictive cadence
What you have
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field
- 6+ years of hands-on application development in an Agile environment
- Experience with Java service development using the Spring framework
- Team player with excellent communication skills (oral and written) to partner technically with
- Application Architects, Development, QA/Testing organizations and Business teams
- Motivation and passion to stay on top of new and emerging technologies and able to provide direction to team on new, performant approaches
- Strong debugging/troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience with CI /CD tools like Bamboo, Jenkins, BitBucket
- Experience releasing software to clients on a regular basis
- Experience with Agile methodologies and collaboration tool
- Ability to effectively persuade and influence all levels of staff; excellent collaboration and relationship-building skills
- Financial service experience preferred
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.
To apply for this job please visit career-schwab.icims.com.