Software Engineer 1 (Remote)
At Coinme, we’re large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. You are part of the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of where you sit in our organization. A human touch in a digital world.
Digital currency can transform the way we conduct business and brings new benefits to both the corporate world and to consumers globally. Coinme is on a mission to help people everywhere understand and use the power of digital currencies as a delightful medium-of-exchange, and be accessible anywhere in the world, so everyone has a fair chance for financial prosperity.
From analyst to engineers, from marketing to client services experts, we’re hiring to support your growth and ours – Together We Rise.
Software Engineer 1
As Software Engineer I, reporting to the Software Engineering Director, this is a rare opportunity for a growth-minded individual to join a fast-growing exciting mission that will significantly impact the financial services industry and transform the lives of billions of people around the world. As a Software Engineer 1, you will be helping to build a suite of internal tools. You will accomplish this by working alongside your engineering team to build applications and integrations that will enable everyone to be more efficient.
What You’ll Be Working On:
- Take part of the execution and delivery of new features by collaborating with senior engineers
- Build defined features, investigate and fix bugs, and develop tests within time and quality boundaries
- Deliver well-tested and documented code that includes useful logging and is instrumented for monitoring and alarming
- Debug issues within your code with some assistance
- Participate in code reviews with meaningful comments
- Participate in the team’s Agile process
- Be a collaborative, helpful, and curious team member
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years experience working with React and/or Node
- Experience communicating ideas with a diverse team
- Experience or desire to work in a fast-paced Agile development environment
- Experience or willingness to learn Java and other backend technologies
- Experience writing unit tests for React
Not Required, But Nice to Have:
- Experience with full stack engineering
- Passion for cryptocurrency and blockchain technology
- Familiarity with event driven microservices
- Experience building APIs
Why You’ll Want to Work Here:
- 100% Coinme-paid health insurance options for employees and dependents
- 100% covered Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Generous time off
- 401k with up to 4% vested match
- Professional development reimbursement
- Stock Options
- Paid Volunteer Hours
- Diverse offering of supplemental insurances
- 100% Remote Optional
If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you! Not sure if you’re a perfect fit? Reach out anyway. We’re looking for awesome individuals, not people who perfectly match a job posting.
Coinme employees are the brightest and most talented in our field and are our greatest asset. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive culture where the thoughts and ideas of all Coinme employees are valued, appreciated, and respected. Coinme recognizes that embracing a diverse workforce brings different backgrounds, skills, and perspectives that help our company thrive and grow.
Coinme is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.