Lead Frontend Engineer
Accelerate video creation for 50M people in the creator economy
$120k – $145k • (0.2% – 0.6% Equity)
Cquence is a venture-backed, seed stage startup building video creation software for the 50 million creators who earn a living online today.
Our founding team is deeply technical and has a background in video creation. We’re passionate about enabling individuals to craft and share their stories through video.
We’re looking for a senior full-stack engineer to join our team and develop a modern platform that makes video creation fast, accessible, and collaborative.
In this role, you will lead front-end engineering at Cquence. Reporting to the CTO and working closely with our entire team, you’ll evolve our front-end architecture, design and implement new software patterns, and share best practices as we scale the team over the next year.
As part of a fast-paced agile environment, you will ship features with us daily. You’ll directly lead the development of our Electron / React / Redux desktop client and web app, working closely with both product and engineering to create a powerful, intuitive video creation experience.
Our team values building empathy with our customers through user interviews and customer support, and you’ll be a critical part of our product development process and customer support efforts. As an early member of our small team, you’ll help guide our culture, processes, and practices as we grow and build a product that aims to impact the lives of millions of online video creators.
Who you are
- You have 6+ years of software engineering experience
- You’ve been a team lead, and have managed or mentored other engineers
- You’ve built and managed complex web applications with React / Redux, and are fluent with front-end technologies including HTML and CSS
- You have a strong understanding of interaction design and usability, developing with the end user top of mind
- You have strong knowledge of testing strategy and implementation with JS frameworks
- You have experience with build pipelines and preprocessing
- You have a good understanding of API service-based architectures and RESTful APIs
- You have some prior experience with Node.js
- You’re comfortable breaking down complexity into manageable tasks
- You are excited by the autonomy and freedom to be a key contributor on a remote team
- You are US based + authorized to work in the US (core hours based on eastern time zone)
Bonus, not required
- Let us know if you have experience with Electron, HTML5 Video, FFmpeg, Adobe CEP, PostgreSQL, or Elasticsearch
- Graphic design, data visualization, or any relevant portfolio that invites us into your creative world
- Video editing or video creation experience
- Prior experience working in an AWS environment
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org