Senior Partnership Manager
Daxko powers health & wellness throughout the world. Every day our team members focus their passion and expertise in helping health & wellness facilities operate efficiently and engage their members.
Whether a neighborhood yoga studio, a national franchise with locations in every city, a YMCA or JCC–and every type of organization in between–we build solutions that make every aspect of running and being a member of a health and wellness organization easier and delightful.
The Senior Partnership Manager is responsible for ensuring the commercial success of Strategic and Technology Partner Integrations with Daxko API’s and associated Platform Services. This position is accountable for managing the entire lifecycle of integrations with API’s and Platform Services for which they are responsible, from defining and shaping the requirements and building the business case through to product delivery, launch, and management through end-of-life.
As a key member of the Partnerships Team, the Senior Partnership Manager is a critical individual contributor, leading key activities from market research through product launch and ongoing partner and sales channel support.
- Be a trusted subject matter expert in the market. Must understand, in depth, the target market and user base and use this knowledge to guide product decisions.
- Spend appropriate time speaking with developers to understand their needs around the API
- Collaborating with the Partnerships Team and 3rd party partners to ensure the API meets the needs of these critical stakeholders
- Interacting with internal stakeholder including product management, technical support, and sales teams
- Assist in defining product pricing models, determining optimal pricing for each target segment.
- Aggregate customer requests, partner requests, and general market needs and translate them into product requirements. Know when to deliver the exact thing that is requested and when there’s a better but less obvious path.
- Create detailed product specifications to illustrate product functionality including business rules, flows and use cases. Help to develop SDK documentation.
- Clearly frame the most impactful market products for our products to solve and quantify the value of solving these problems for our target customers.
- Own the product roadmap, clearly articulating the product vision, strategy, and go-to-market plans and ensuring these are consistently updated to reflect changing market conditions.
- Author and prioritize User Stories in the Product Backlog to ensure a constant flow of value to market through the Agile Product Team.
- Participate in Team Planning meetings and make yourself available to answer questions, provide feedback, clarification, and guidance during the execution of each Development Sprint.
- Conduct and manage customer feedback sessions.
- Review and accept or reject completed work from the development team.
- Stakeholder management across all of Daxko including Product Marketing, Technical Support, Sales, and Operations. This includes effective communication of product updates both in regular demonstrations of new functionality as well as written and spoken communications as necessary to ensure successful adoption of the product.
- Engaging with stakeholders as required to ensure that all relevant inputs to the Product Backlog have been collected and prioritized.
- Work across Daxko product portfolios to manage dependencies and ensure successful development of dependencies across multiple teams and backlog items and to maintain alignment to the product vision and roadmap.
- Accelerate learning on new products by running workshops, developer previews, or betas to gather developer feedback and build a strong perspective on product priorities.
- In collaboration with stakeholders, ensure that the Product Backlog is constantly prioritized to ensure delivery of maximum business value.
- Detail-oriented, and manages time and tools effectively, excellent internal workplace communicator
- Excellent communicator in-person, on the phone, via email, and with social
- You have experience writing code – professionally. We are looking for someone who has written code consuming RESTful APIs. You need to know what a well-designed API looks like.
- Not afraid of conflict – able to check your ego at the door for the benefit of the product and team
- Able to operate in both strategic and tactical modes – manage the detail without losing sight of the big picture
- Flexible – change and uncertainty don’t faze you
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, time-compressed, and dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant partnership management, product management, product owner, or software development experience in an agile software environment including at least 1 year with RESTful APIs.
- Prior experience in the fitness industry is a plus
- Scrum Product Owner certification a plus
- Experience working with remote teams a plus
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Four-year degree + Masters or MBA
- 7+ years of relevant partnership management, product management, product owner, or software development experience in an agile software environment including at least 2 year with RESTful APIs.
To apply for this job please visit smrtr.io.