Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer at Daxko, you will be helping power health and wellness throughout the world by contributing to several applications that help gym owners manage their memberships, allow their customers to track workouts, and provide world-class tools to grow our customers’ businesses.
In this role, you will work on a large-scale NodeJS application that powers the leading workout-tracking mobile application, SugarWOD. This application feeds data via APIs while also providing a web-based hub for gym owners and program suppliers to create content and engage with their members. You’ll create cutting-edge APIs, help to fine-tune application performance, and guide the technical direction of the application.
As a Senior Engineer, along with solving complex engineering problems, you will help to mentor other engineers, provide architectural input, and lead technical discussions. Your communication skills are honed to be able to recognize opportunities and present solutions to challenges to adjacent non-technical teams. You’re self-motivated, collaborative, and open to new ideas.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
You will also:
- Define design patterns and identify frameworks used in the engineering team’s solutions development work
- Establish and guide the engineering team’s development course
- Develop high-quality applications that provide a delightful user experience and meet business expectations
- Develop clean, reusable, well-structured, and maintainable code following best practices and industry standards
- Develop elegant, responsive, high performance, cross-platform solutions
- Develop, debug, and modify components of software applications and tools
- Write automated unit, integration, and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines
- Support and troubleshoot data and/or system issues as needed
- Provide actionable feedback in code reviews
- Lead system architecture and design reviews
- Participate in user story creation in collaboration with the team
- Guide team members to develop prototypes as necessary and validate ideas with a data driven approach
- Mentor team members in all aspects of the software development process
- Five (5+) years of Software Engineering or other relevant experience
- Proficient in application development in modern object-oriented programming languages
- Proficient in building and integrating with web services and RESTful APIs
- Proficient in SQL or other relational data storage technologies
- Experience in automated testing practices including unit testing, integration testing, and/or performance testing
- Experience using code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Understanding of modern cloud architecture and tools
- Mastery of applicable development tools, technologies, methodologies, design patterns, and best practices
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Ability to mentor and help develop team members
Bonus points for:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineer, Applied Mathematics, or Applied Sciences or equivalent experience
- Experience with dependency injection frameworks
- Experience working with Microservices Architecture
- Experience using Virtualized hosting and delivery (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience working with Realtime Data Streaming (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis)
- Experience with NoSQL/Non-relational Databases
- Experience with defining strategies used in an engineering team’s solutions development work
- Understanding of Serverless Computing (e.g. AWS cloud services)
- Understanding of AWS Messaging Services (e.g. SNS & SQS)
- Understanding of DevOps and CI/CD tools (e.g. GitLab CI / Jenkins / Bamboo)
- Understanding of frontend engineer workflow and build tools such as npm, webpack, etc.
To apply for this job please visit smrtr.io.