As a Software Engineering Manager, your primary goals will be to help build a high-performing and sustainable engineering team, and to make Determined AI an exceptional place to be an engineer. This will involve coaching and developing your team; designing and implementing processes to make engineering more efficient; contributing your insights and experience to drive engineering goals; helping ensure predictable progress towards engineering project milestones; communicating with clarity and empathy inside and outside the team; and hiring to grow the team. You will be responsible for creating an inclusive, collaborative environment to give the engineering team the best chance to work and grow together, and help each team member do the very best work of her or his career.
- You have at least 2 years of experience managing software engineering teams and at least 4 years of software engineering experience as an individual contributor.
- You have previous experience in large-scale systems software, especially in data management, distributed systems, or machine learning.
- You can communicate clearly to people of varying technical levels and motivations.
- You are excited to mentor and support engineers through regular one-on-ones and feedback (both structured and unstructured).
- You have identified and implemented strategies to source and hire a diverse set of candidates.
- Experience building a software-as-a-service platform.
- Experience working with or managing open-source software.
- Knowledge of or interest in machine learning, data analytics, statistics, and/or high-performance computing.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.