Web & Graphic Design Specialist
Full-Time: 100% FTE, non-exempt
Compensation: $21.00 – $23.00 per hour
Benefits: Medical, vision, dental insurance, paid time off, flex days, retirement plan and life insurance
Organization Size: 50+ employees
Location(s): Watsonville (primarily), and Salinas (as-needed)
How to Apply: Please, submit a resume, cover letter, portfolio PDF or website/behance link, and 2-3 references
The bizzNEST Web and Graphic Design Specialist delivers job training and career development experience to bizzNEST web and graphic design interns through client-based web and graphic design project work. The Specialist also provides support with tracking the technical and professional skill development of the bizzNEST web and graphic design interns.
Client-based Projects (50% FTE)
- Attend client intake meetings with the Client Manager and Web and Graphic Design Manager to brainstorm and co-develop the scope of works for the clients seeking web and graphic design services.
- Working from a client scope of work co-developed with the Web and Graphic Design Manager, create project timelines and task assignments for web and graphic design interns.
- Under the direction of the bizzNEST Web and Graphic Design Manager: support the completion of delegated web and graphic design projects and ensures interns meet their deadlines and objectives outlined by a previously developed scope of work and support new web and graphic design interns in small-scale and big-scale client projects.
- Run quality checks on projects to ensure that the product works according to the client’s expectations.
Intern Development (30% FTE)
Under the direction of the bizzNEST Web and Graphic Design Manager:
- co-create training outlines for web and graphic design interns to use in expanding their web and graphic design skills.
- assist in training implementation in creating professional portfolios and regularly work with web and graphic design interns to update their current portfolios as client projects are completed.
- assist in implementing soft-skill training for web and graphic design interns.
Support web and graphic design interns with their job search and help identifying individual growth edges
Orient/onboard, train and support new web and graphic design interns.
bizzNEST Web and Graphic Design Support (20% FTE)
- Coordinate and assist with recruitment of web and graphic design interns, working in collaboration with program specialists.
- Assess member graduate profiles and make recommendations for new web and graphic design intern hires to the bizzNEST Web and Graphic Design Manager.
- In the absence of the bizzNEST Web and Graphic Design Manager, support bizzNEST web and graphic design interns.
Build work relationships with and cultivate member engagement with bizzNEST interns.
- Assist with budget plans by recommending new tools and keep up-to-date with new web and design production hardware and software.
- Performs other duties and tasks assigned by their supervisor.
- The equivalent of three years’ worth of formal experience, degrees and/or credentials in Graphic and Web Design.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe XD, and Figma
- Beginning to moderate skills in Wordpress, Elementor and UX/UI concept
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS.
Demonstrated competency web and graphic design project development
- Beginning-level understanding of marketing content development and exposure to the principles and applications of instructional design, instructional practice, experiential education, creating positive learning communities and professional soft skills.
- Passion for the mission of Digital NEST and belief in upholding organization’s core values.
- Sensitive to issues of culture/ethnicity/race, gender, sexual identity, class/SES and immigration status.
- Ability to be an ally to people of color, women and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, queer, questioning and intersex individuals and their allies (LGBTQIA).
- Candidates must have a valid CA driver’s license, pass a background check, and be able to travel and work evenings or weekends occasionally, or as needed.
- Maintain dexterity and coordination, sufficient to perform essential functions.
- Ability to perform administrative, computer-based tasks for up to 4.5 hours at a time, to be mobile (including, but not limited to walking, bending, squatting, crouching, twisting, kneeling, reaching, etc.), and lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 35 pounds as needed
Digital NEST, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org