Senior Product Manager, Listing Process
Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We’re large enough that you’ll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
We are looking for an experienced product manager to join a robust group of product managers on our Knowledge Base team. They should be accustomed to solving complex consumer-facing problems, developing strategies and roadmaps, and executing those plans to build sustained value for their business and their customers. The Senior Product Manager will work with a cross-functional squad composed of Product Engineering, Product Design, Product Research, Taxonomists, Product Analytics and Product Marketing.
About the Team
The Knowledge Base team is passionate about and dedicated to building an in-depth understanding of the unique world of Etsy. Our goal is to build, collect, and model product metadata to make sense of millions of unique items and users, enabling Etsy’s teams to craft meaningful, relevant experiences. We are responsible for the end-to-end process of describing, collecting, enhancing and serving product metadata to our internal partner teams.
The Listing Process squad is responsible for the collection of product metadata from our sellers. This includes the information architecture of how we structure the listing form, the user experience we create when asking sellers for data, as well as the way in which the data we collect flows through our systems to power other use cases throughout the site.
This is a full-time position located (eventually) in Brooklyn or San Francisco, reporting to the Group Product Manager, Knowledge Base. We offer flexible workplace policies that can accommodate work from home candidates who are comfortable traveling to an office location 2-3 times per week.
About the Role
- You will be accountable for improving the process by which sellers list an item for sale on the Etsy marketplace
- Develop and own a multi-year product strategy for the listing process that is clearly articulated, easily understood, and delivers meaningful value to our customers and business over time
- Develop an impactful roadmap that empowers your squad to realize the product strategy and execute that strategy with clearly articulated and well measured goals
- Deeply understand the complex underpinnings of how we collect product metadata from our sellers
- Work closely with a diverse, cross-functional team that includes embedded designers, engineers, taxonomists, marketers, and member support to execute on your roadmap
- Ensure the information architecture of the listing process serves multiple users: sellers, buyers and Etsy’s business
- Define, measure and set goals for metrics that demonstrate the value you are creating via your strategy
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager, with 3+ years in a leadership role owning a full roadmap
- History of high-quality execution in a complex space that serves multiple users
- Experience managing a multitude of stakeholders; natural collaborator who knows how to drive decision-making
- Experience using both qualitative and quantitative data, including A/B testing, to make user-centric decisions.
- Inspiring, engaging and clear communication style; optimistic and forward-looking
- Bonus: Experience working on a two-sided marketplace, experience working with collection of product metadata
If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you’d be right for the position. As you’ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.
For U.S. roles only:
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you’ll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. We’re open to remote hires from all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
To apply for this job please visit smrtr.io.