Product Design Manager
Everlaw is looking for an experienced Product Design Manager with strong attention to detail and a dedication to building high-performing teams. You will use your strong process-driven mindset and design experience to help scale the Product Design team gracefully. You will be a steward of best practices in the design process and provide guidance for the team’s work. The Product Design team is responsible for designing experiences that help legal teams at law firms, corporations, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations work more efficiently to discover truth and promote justice!
At Everlaw, our mission is to promote justice by illuminating truth. Our company culture is open and democratic and we’re committed to the professional growth of our team members, offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular check-ins with managers regarding career goals. If you’re looking for a place that values passion, integrity, thinking big, and a desire to learn, we’d love to hear from you! Think you’re missing some of the skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can bring value to our team.
This is a full-time, nonexempt on-site position located in Oakland, California.
In your first few months, you will…
- Become product certified! You will learn the ins and outs of the Everlaw platform through a series of training modules
- Work on the end-to-end design of a handful of features to familiarize yourself with our processes and product
- Collaborate with the team to conduct user research and synthesize results into insights that inform your designs
- Create new functionality and enhancing existing experiences for the platform by collaborating with Designers, Engineers, and Product team members
- Craft and deliver solutions that are intuitive and effective in the form of user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and pixel-perfect specs
- Working closely with engineers to ensure an efficient implementation of your designs
- Provide respectful, insightful, and actionable feedback to designers to ensure an elegant and cohesive user experience
- Feel like part of the team! Our onboarding process will integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our policies, processes, and team structure and goals
- Learn, grow, and contribute right away. We trust that you will bring experience and knowledge that will uplift the team, but we don’t expect you to know everything on Day 1. You will have time to develop your product knowledge and get up to speed on all aspects of Everlaw
In your first year, you will…
- Foster and champion a design culture across the organization.
- Build and lead a team of talented Product Designers; supporting their career growth through coaching and mentoring.
- Collaborate with others to define and establish effective design processes that emphasize user-centered design techniques, leverage user research, and foster an environment of excellence.
- Collaborate with and coach Designers through complex design problems, product ideation, and any interpersonal issues that arise.
- Help designers set clear goals; provide feedback, and manage project workloads while pitching in where needed.
- Contribute to the development of our design system and advocate consistent use of design standards across our product.
- Influence the User Experience Design of the product by providing guidance to your team and partnering with product, engineering, and other stakeholders to ensure features are well-defined and successfully executed.
- Have an active voice in the product strategy and have a clear vision on how to execute design work towards it.
- You have at least 5 years of experience designing for web and/or mobile applications
- You have at least 2 years of experience managing teams
- You have excellent people and project management skills
- You are process-driven and can communicate complex concepts to drive the team towards a shared vision
- You are a proven leader with an ability to think big while caring for small details
- You have an aptitude for strategic product thinking that strengthens the bridge between the Product Design team and the Product team
- You are authorized to work in the United States. Please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring U.S. employment visas for any applicants
- More than 3 years designing experiences for SaaS products
- You are familiar with the legal and ediscovery industries
- You have experience building design systems
- You have an aptitude for strategic product thinking that makes you a distinguished partner to the Product team
- You have experience leading design sprints and workshops
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- 401(k) with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Fully paid pregnancy and bonding leaves for new parents (including adoptive and foster)
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Membership to Modern Health to help employees prioritize mental health and wellness
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Flexible work-from-home days on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Monthly home internet reimbursement
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- Voted one of “San Francisco Bay Area’s Best and Brightest Companies” and one of “Inc Magazine’s Best Workplaces”
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.