Making vacation rental easy for everyone
Evolve is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for everyone. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support tens of thousands of owners across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner’s business – all while having some fun along the way. Come join our fast-paced growth-stage culture, while enjoying the support of a well funded company – we’ve raised over $235M in investment capital from world-class investors like Durable Capital, T. Rowe Price, and Allen & Company.
Why this role
As a tech-enabled disruptor in the vacation rental industry, data is the backbone of how Evolve is fundamentally changing guest interaction with vacation rentals and homeowners ability to maximize rental income. Evolve’s Business Intelligence team is focused on enabling the company to innovate and make data informed decisions at scale by ensuring data is a trusted and valued asset available to all levels of the organization for innovation, visualization, analytics, reporting, data hygiene, and data science.
The Data Engineer is a SQL, data warehouse, and data lake expert who is passionate about building, supporting, and optimizing data pipelines that enable mission critical workflows for our reporting, analytics, business operations, and data science teams. This team and role is a critical element to Evolve’s success and helps position us as an innovator and thought-leader in the vacation rental space.
What you’ll do
- Build, support, and optimize data pipelines using tools like Fivetran, Matillion, Prefect, and Python to move data to/from Snowflake, SaaS APIs, and other data stores.
- Design, modify, and implement data structures in Snowflake to support data ingestion, integration, and analytics
- Curate and transform data into appropriate structures for analytics and data science purposes using SQL, Python, Snowflake scripting, and data transformation tools like Matillion and dbt.
- Design and implement processes to automate monitoring and alerting on source data quality, data ingestion and transformation processes, and the overall health of our data infrastructure
- Research, recommend, and implement new and enhanced tools and methods that support Evolve’s data pipelines and processes for data ingestion, storage, transformation, automation, and hygiene
- Manage the deployment and monitoring of scheduled data ingestion and transformation processes
- Assist in defining quality standards for ETL/ELT, Python, Prefect, Snowflake, Fivetran, Matillion, and AWS as well as documenting and training other teammates on these standards
- Partnering with Business Intelligence, Data Architecture, Data Science, Product teams, and others to develop scalable solutions for new and modified data sources
What makes you a great fit
- 3+ years of relevant data warehouse and data lake engineering experience
- Experience with data pipeline design and automation
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience coding in Python
- Experience with databases like Oracle , Snowflake , Red Shift, Azure SQL, Mongo or similar databases is required with Snowflake being highly preferred
- Experience with advanced ETL/ELT tools administration ( code deployment , security , setup and configuration )
- Experience with enterprise ETL/ELT tools like Fivetran, dbt, Matillion or other similar ETL/ELT tools
- Ambition to design and implement code from scratch and build new infrastructure
- Enjoy a connected, collegial environment even though we are remote, hybrid, and on-site
- Experience deploying applications in Docker a plus
- Experience with a cloud-based BI platform and data warehouse a plus
- Experience with Airflow or Prefect a plus
- Experience with AWS Fargate and Lambda a plus
Evolve has a flexible working environment so teammates can work remotely anywhere in the state of Colorado, in our beautiful downtown Denver office, remotely or a hybrid of both! As we grow, we are working towards opening remote opportunities across the entire U.S. We currently are able to hire across the U.S except in the following locations: California, District of Columbia, Hawaii, New Jersey, New Mexico, and Pennsylvania.
For this role our salary range is $109,000 – $133,000, depending on relevant experience
Additional compensation details:
Equity: $25,000 of equivalent RSUs
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay, including equity in the company for all Evolvers
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer-paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
- Rich learning and development program for Evolvers
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.