Evolve is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for everyone. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support tens of thousands of owners across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner’s business – all while having some fun along the way. Come join our fast-paced growth-stage culture, while enjoying the support of a well funded company – we’ve raised over $235M in investment capital from world-class investors like Durable Capital, T. Rowe Price, and Allen & Company.
Why this role
The Security Analyst will work towards raising the bar on security for Evolve. You’ll achieve that by collaborating with cross-functional teams to provide guidance on security best practices, implementing security requirements and improvements, and reacting to security events and incidents. This position will report to the Director of IT and play a vital role in identifying and responding to incidents, and using the resulting knowledge and experience to help build automated methods of remediating these issues in the future.
What you’ll do
- Secure our product, services, Evolve.com platform, internal infrastructure, and company assets according to NIST best practices
- Assist in defining and planning priorities for security related activities based on risk analysis
- Determine appropriate combination of internal security efforts and external security efforts including, external security audits (penetration testing, black box, white box testing)
- Collaborate with our engineers to run a secure software development lifecycle by promoting best practices and creating automated tools
- Partner with the Legal team to ensure we’re compliant with our contractual security obligations
- Handle, phishing, malware, botnet, intrusion attempts, DoS, port scanning, spam, spam website, PII and web-crawling abuse reports to point of mitigation
- Provide cyber intelligence and metrics-based reporting to leadership on a recurring and ad hoc basis
- Monitor logs from multiple sources (network, endpoint, cloud) for security events that require remediation, and respond to and lead all aspects of security-related support and incident tickets
- Work with various IT and support teams as well as end users during incident response and remediation activities
- Conduct analysis and correlation across a wide variety of data sets, threats and vulnerabilities
- Develop and implement automation processes and continuously look for ways to mature security operations
What makes you a great fit
- 5+ years securing an enterprise technology environment
- Currently possess or pursuing CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
- Application and SaaS security experience in production-level enterprise settings
- Completed a Cloud Based SIEM Solution, with log parsing and alerting based on NIST best practices
- Experience with incident management
- A team player who has a proven track record collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze and manipulate security related data/threats and develop appropriate assessments and recommendations
- Experience working with SIEMs, DLP and/or insider threat detection tools, particularly
- Google WorkSpace Security and Compliance tools
- Ability to analyze existing infrastructure and processes in order identify security weaknesses and recommend corrective action
Evolve has a flexible working environment so teammates can work remotely anywhere in the state of Colorado, in our beautiful downtown Denver office, remotely or a hybrid of both! As we grow, we are working towards opening remote opportunities across the entire U.S. We currently are able to hire across the U.S except in the following locations: California, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Minnesota, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio, Oregon and Pennsylvania.
For this role our salary range is $84,000 – $100,000, depending on relevant experience.
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay, including equity in the company for all Evolvers
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two
- PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer-paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
- Rich learning and development program for Evolvers
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org