Brand Media Strategy Manager
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you’re applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Vrbo, an Expedia company, is seeking an individual who is eager to learn about the global travel and media landscape and join our growing Brand Media Strategy team. This team member will play a key role in owning the strategy and execution of Vrbo’s media campaigns to drive awareness of the Vrbo brand across key global markets. This role will build campaigns for non-click channels (TV/Streaming, Radio, Digital, OOH) from start to post-completion and will collaborate closely with Brand Strategy, Media Buying teams, Regional Leads, and Data Science. This position will have a focus in North America markets.
What You Will Do:
- Build global media strategy across non-click channels (TV/Streaming, Radio, Digital, OOH) designed to drive awareness of the Vrbo brand in key global markets, including: campaign goals, important metrics, spend allocation, R/F targets
- Collaborate with Brand Media’s partners including: regional leads, brand partners, and media buying teams to aggregate key information and insight to drive success in Vrbo’s media campaigns and strategy across global markets
- Optimally own and coordinate all essential media plan details and documents, including spend and media activity schedules, campaign overviews, and media briefs
- Review and track monthly media performance in collaboration with Data Science partners and business stakeholders, and utilizing TV measurement tools
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, 2+ years marketing, media, or business/analytics experience
- Ideally have 3+ years’ experience in media planning/buying (national broadcast, cable, digital) or comparable media planning/buying experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, capable of interacting across all levels of the organization and with external partners
- You are a data-led decision-maker with strong analytical skills. You have proven experience structuring and analyzing ambiguous and complex business problems, combining and analyzing relevant data from multiple data sources and communicating impactful insights
- Positive energy, a collaborative teammate, and eager to learn the media and global travel industry
- Strong organizational, planning, and follow-up skills and ability
- Microsoft Excel and Office Proficiency
To apply for this job please visit expedia.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.