Software Development Engineer II
The Vacation Rental (VR) Communications team is owns and maintains the backend services that enable VR owners and property managers to securely communicate with traveler customers. We are fun reliable team and prioritize engineering excellence, professional growth, and a great work experience. Our current workload includes conversational APIs to our externally facing partners, converging conversations platforms at ExpediaGroup as well as migrating our prebooking message intake system.
Technologies Used: AWS, Docker, Dropwizard, Kafka, KStreams, Aurora MySQL, Cassandra, Dynamo, Splunk, gRPC, Swagger, NoSQL, nomad, mesos, Java 11.
VR communications tech powers all VR prebooking messaging, inbound email processing, conversation storage, search sort & filtering, conversational message text redactions, message routing (SMS, push, email), and document storage. Together these services enable all Vbro VR bookings communications.
What you’ll do:
- You will collaborate with team members to co-develop and solve problems
- You will take advantage of opportunities to build new technical expertise in a specific engineering area
- You understand the importance of system and technology integration and the basic features and facilities involved in the integration process
- You will apply software design principles, data structures and/or design patterns and computer science fundamentals to write code that is clean, maintainable, optimized, modular with good naming conventions
- You will helps coordinate stakeholder input and collaboration efforts when developing solutions to issues
- You can apply formal training methods to current workload. You feel comfortable challenging authority/the status quo
- You report clearly on current work status. You ask challenging questions when empowered to do so
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in a Computer Science; or equivalent related professional experience
Equivalent experience includes:
- Developing software in a team environment of at least 5 engineers (agile, version control, etc.)
- Building and maintaining a software project/product in production environments in public/hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Strength in Java, moderate familiarity in other applicable languages
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL data stores
- Understanding of API access patterns and integration
- Familiarity with streaming platforms – Kafka, message buses, etc
- Understanding of how projects fit together within your team
- Able to understand moderately complex systems
- Ability to test and monitor your own code
To apply for this job please visit expedia.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.