Senior Product Manager
Are you an outstanding Product Manager with a passion for understanding customer needs and working with engineering teams to build for results? Are you ready to lead a space where those results are visible every day?
Expedia Group’s customers and partners need our products and services to be available, fast and deliver the results they expect every time to put their trust in us for their travel needs. In order to achieve this, the Reliability Engineering and Operations team are creating a platform where developers and engineers can spend more time building and less time fixing issues. We work every day to understand how we can innovate to support our developers to natively incorporate reliability and resiliency methods into their application designs and throughout all stages of delivering and running critical software. We are crafting the toolset which enables Expedia Group to become industry leaders for reliability.
We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to lead our most critical and highly visible products. Essential team focus areas include: Strategy and ownership of building out our newest platform to identify, quantify and enable analysis of customer friction on key product experiences. Definition and accountability for measuring Expedia Group site availability metrics. Mentoring more junior product managers in the reliability product space.
What you’ll do:
- Strive to understand our engineering teams as customers – identify target personas and imagine end-to-end experiences that delight
- Define product strategy, roadmap and go-to-market plan including product scenarios, user stories, and product backlog
- Define success and establish qualitative and quantitative metrics to measure business and platform product performance
- Drive implementation, collaborating with central and cross functional engineering teams
- Deliver tangible business outcomes by working closely with engineering, design, and operations leaders
- Gain agreement with leadership and partners on product direction and key decisions, influence effectively for the best outcomes
- Build feedback and data loops to enable continuous product improvement at scale
- Drive awareness and adoption of your platform products across Expedia Group and externally
- Coach team peers on how to understand customer problems, develop hypotheses and tests to tackle customer problems
Who you are
You’ll fit this role if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or equivalent field required; MBA preferred
- 7+ years with strong product management experience in a corporate environment
- Experience delivering technology products and measuring outcomes in a growth environment where priorities shift fast
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate sophisticated concepts simply and convincingly
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to drive focus and reach consensus on product priorities with a hardworking and engaged peer group
- Strong customer awareness with excellent problem solving and analytical abilities
- Understanding and exposure to UI/UX development, web services and API design
- Ability to balance innovation with quality
- Dedication to lifelong growth, self-awareness and improvement
To apply for this job please visit expedia.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.