Sr. Solution Architect
Website Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
Provide technical architecture and design for the Cloud and Cash room architecture.
The Cash Application Delivery Services (Cash ADS) team is looking for a Sr. Solution Architect to join our software application delivery team. Cash ADS is cross-district partnership between the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco and the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond. Our mission is to deliver on the business commitments, outcomes, and strategic initiatives in support of the FRFS FedCash Services line of business.
When you join the SF Fed, you join a team of people working together to foster an inclusive economy that works for everyone. From data-driven insights to cloud transformation, the information technology team moves the SF Fed forward. We use innovative technologies and Agile methods to positively impact every American across the communities we serve.
While the SF Fed is a Reserve Bank, we’re not what you might expect. We’re unreserved here. That means we seek new and diverse perspectives. We spark conversations and encourage debate. We build opportunity. We pursue careers that are true to ourselves. We are looking for people who want to help our country reach its full economic potential. When you join the SF Fed, you join a team of people working together to promote an inclusive economy that works for everyone.
In this role, you will be part of the Cash ADS architecture team and develop architecture and technical solutions in support of the initiatives for the FRFS FedCash Services.
We empower our people to balance their life and work responsibilities. That’s why we offer a flexible hybrid work model that allows you to collaborate with office colleagues on some days, and work from home on others.
What you will do:
- Understands business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state) and determines corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the Cash’s targeted business outcomes.
- Understands emerging technology trends and disruptions and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Translates business and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint to achieve business objectives and documents all solution architecture design and analysis work.
- Leads evaluation, design and analysis for the implementation of a solutions architecture across the cash suite applications based on business strategy, business capabilities, value-streams, business requirements and enterprise standards.
- Creates architectural designs to guide and contextualize solution development across applications, services, and systems.
- Ensure technology solutions are in alignment with target state.
- Evaluates emerging cloud technology trends and disruptions and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to evolve and improve CASH suite operating platforms
- Migrates microservice based system from on-premise to AWS cloud
- Re-architects and refactors existing on-premise monolithic applications to ease migration to cloud
- Design highly durable, robust, and scalable cloud production environment
- Creates cloud migration strategy, determines migration sequence, designs hybrid state architecture and evolves the hybrid architecture until migration completes
- Designs and directs the governance activities associated with ensuring solutions architecture assurance and compliance.
- Monitors the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
- Ensures a strong process and practice is followed for secure coding standards, conducting code reviews, vulnerability reviews, threat modeling, performance optimization, run-time monitoring, and architectural reviews/stage-gates
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Strong problem solving, oral and written communication skills including experience with executive presentations
- Hands-on experience in leading through complex, mission critical systems Cloud adoption and migration efforts along with understanding of design standard methodologies for AWS
- Expert knowledge in AWS cloud technologies including but not limited to ECS, S3, ALB, RDS, DMS, KMS, Secrets Manager, Config, CloudWatch, Lambda, SNS, SQS
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate or Professional
- Experience in migration of on-prem enterprise system to AWS cloud
- Strong cloud Integration and hybrid cloud design experience (on-prem & cloud-AWS)
- Knowledge of and experience in container, Microservices and API technologies
- Demonstrated experience in developing and deploying modern application architectures, including serverless and containerized solutions
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies including Agile and Scaled Agile centric execution models
- Recent experience leading technical teams through development and implementation efforts
- MUST be a U.S. Citizen or a Green Card holder with the intent to become a U.S. Citizen
We offer a wonderful benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account, Backup Child Care Program, Pretax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and a Retirement / Pension
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for an accommodation from the Bank’s vaccination policy; the Bank will provide accommodations as required by law for individuals unable to be vaccinated due to medical condition or sincerely held religious belief..
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve.
To apply for this job please visit rb.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.