Sr. UX Designer
Website Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
Are you enthusiastic about understanding business needs, and translating those needs into modern designs that empower end-users? Does the thought of crafting enterprise scale products, which address complex banking challenges, catalyze your imagination and spark creative ideas? If so, we may have the job for you. The Federal Reserve has a global mission and offers leading edge work in a stable environment with competitive pay, superior benefits AND a true “work life balance”.
The Sr. UX Designer will partner with the business and engineering teams to prioritize UX activities throughout the software development lifecycle and deliver high-quality experiences. We are looking for someone who has the ability to balance budget, schedule, and technical constraints while meeting business requirements and usability goals. The Senior UX Designer will support all aspects of design and production, focusing specifically on UX design.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Acts as a user advocate and participates in UX discussions with business partners on topics including visual design, interaction design, information architecture, and user research
- Delivers mentorship on software accessibility concepts and constraints
- Assesses data from multiple sources, synthesizes it, and develops strategies for projects
- Advocates for the end user by influencing decisions to ensure that product and design decisions are aligned with user needs and expectations
- Collaborates with UX analysts, project managers, engineering teams, and business stakeholders to prioritize UX activities throughout the software development lifecycle and deliver high-quality experiences
- Assists IT engineers with understanding and incorporating technical, business, and user requirements into designs
- Understands client goals, requirements, internal goals, usability, and technical constraints within budget and schedule
- Analyze and ensure efficient transition of all requirement and functional design documents into technical designs and code artifacts
- Builds innovative and appealing designs on a rapid and iterative basis, through sketches, storyboards, user task flows, wireframes, prototypes, and the production of final assets for specific features and projects
- Facilitates project teams through the design process, capturing actionable feedback and iterating the appropriate level of changes
- Provides UX development support to development teams in both Agile and waterfall projects for responsive interfaces and presentation layer development support
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Graphic Design, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of relevant technical or business work experience
- Portfolio that demonstrates modern design practices, complex UI patterns and application of UX metrics
- Advanced experience with HTML/CSS best practices and accessibility compliance
- Proven success at developing creative and comprehensive research strategies to reveal unforeseen opportunities and issues that have a significant impact on product strategy and design
- 5+ years of experience in conducting user experience research using a variety of research methods.
- 3+ years of prototyping experience and deep knowledge of designer tools such as Sketch, InVision, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency with one or more usability testing tools or services
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- UX certification desirable
- Design thinking certification desirable
- Expertise in Section 508 and WCAG
- Expertise with component-driven design and supporting design systems
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we offer a wonderful benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account, Backup Child Care Program, Pre-tax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holiday’s, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and a great Pension.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve. The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit frb.taleo.net.