Vice President – Automation Executive
Website Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
The Federal Reserve Bank (FRB) of San Francisco’s Information & Technology Services (ITS) Group is in search of a dynamic, enterprise-focused technology leader to run a large portfolio of technology products in support of the critical business lines – Statistics and Reserves, delegated functions from the Board of Governors.
As the national Statistics and Reserves (STAR) Automation Executive, you are the central point of contact for all technology/automation matters. You will work closely with senior business leaders to ensure automation efforts aligns with the overall business and automation strategies, and you will also work with service partners across the System to ensure business priorities are met, and technology standards are applied. You will lead a team of 60+ staff across service partners and be accountable for an annual budget of to $30+ million.
In this role, you will be responsible for crafting a technology vision, architectural programs and roadmaps of the products. Your day-to-day responsibilities include planning the technology portfolio, leading agile application development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of functionalities, improvements and upgrades, and security controls across the on-prem, cloud and third-party Software as a Service environments. This position will lead people and financial resources while ensuring the development of high-quality technology solutions to our customers.
The ideal candidate must have a solid IT background and consistently keep up-to-date with advancements in the field including the product management lifecycles. Apart from your education and experience, we are looking for someone with strong strategic and business acumen. The goal is to ensure that information technology adds the maximum value to our customers. Your skill and expertise as a focused strategic leader, collaborator, and influencer are key to supporting the evolving needs of both functions at the System Level.
Additionally, we are looking for developing strategies for talent management that align evolving skill requirements of the functions and automation to ensure appropriate development and succession planning actions are completed.
• Typically has 15+ years of relevant experience including 5+ years leading major initiatives
• 12+ years of experience as a seasoned leader managing development and support resources in a highly matrix environment
• 5+ years working as a consultant or in a business development capacity
• Proven experience providing strategic mentorship and leading organizational change
• Proven track record to manage and structure highly skilled IT teams for delivering high quality solution in a fast-paced environment.
• Established leader with significant portfolio/program management experience. Strong negotiation, facilitation, communication, influencing and interpersonal skills. Exhibits strong customer empathy and customer sensitivity.
• Outstanding people manager, with inspirational leadership skills, presence and proven demonstrable ability to mentor, lead, and develop robust teams
• Exhibit the highest levels of personal and professional integrity at all times
• Demonstrated effective change champion and ability to work effectively with others (including remote employees) to deliver complex, critical strategic IT initiatives
• Advanced experience using agile methodologies to deliver IT projects
• Strong proponent of UX and design thinking
• 25% Travel required
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or a Green Card holder with the intent to become a U.S. Citizen
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account, Backup Child Care Program, Pretax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and a Retirement / Pension
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our people proudly reflect the diversity and ideas of the communities we serve.
To apply for this job please visit frb.taleo.net.